Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i took the chrome peices off of the exterior of my truck and wus able to get most of the adheisive off but it left a dark outline aroud where the lettering used to be.

does anyone have some advice on how to rremove this?

·
Premium Member
13,116 Posts
Re: quick kwestion

I took the chrome peices off of the exterior of my truck and was able to get most of the adheisive off but it left a dark outline aroud where the lettering used to be.

Does anyone have some advice on how to remove this?
Not sure that you can. The uncovered paint has been exposed to the sun, rain, dirt. etc. and is now a different color than the paint that was under the chrome.

I'm going to move this thread the the Detailing Forum, where you might have more luck getting an answer.

·
Registered
88 Posts
When I took my emblems off to paint them, I had the same thing. I used some Naptha to get most of the glue and grime off and then some Meguiar's no. 2 cleaner wax to buff out the rest. It came right out. Mine is an '06 though, your '02 might have a little more fade than mine did. It is worth a shot.

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
You will have to do some serious compounding and oxidation removal to blend the paint back in. It can be done, but unless you have the tools or know-how, it's best left to a detailer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts