Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I'm looking for an aftermarket muffler that isn't much louder than stock, just provides a little extra growl. I've never liked the sound of the tundra, the exhaust is silent, and then engine is noisy. I had a 2005 Dodge ram 4.7 before this and I thought the stock exhaust on that sounded great. Any suggestions for something that sounds similar to that? I've always liked magnaflow over flowmaster, seems like they probably have something like what I'm looking for. I'll keep looking, post any suggestions!

Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Im running an 18in magnaflow with the stock pipe and a 3in magnaflow tip. It has a nice deep tone but not loud at all. I love it!

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
18" magnaflow sounds nice. louder than stock but not loud so that people hear you coming down the street unless your flooring it

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
whyzee125, Take a look at the DynoMax Super Turbo (part#17747) 25" overall muffler is 20" long. I have a single on my Camry and duals on my Tundra....nice at idle, can hear it while driving will "groal" if you get into it (think Mustang GT) and the mufflers have a lifetime warrenty, they wear out and you get them replaced free, have done this twice over five years on two different vehicles.....Can't beat it, CSM-H

Hey guys. I'm looking for an aftermarket muffler that isn't much louder than stock, just provides a little extra growl. I've never liked the sound of the tundra, the exhaust is silent, and then engine is noisy. I had a 2005 Dodge ram 4.7 before this and I thought the stock exhaust on that sounded great. Any suggestions for something that sounds similar to that? I've always liked magnaflow over flowmaster, seems like they probably have something like what I'm looking for. I'll keep looking, post any suggestions!

Thanks

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
I have a 14" Magnaflow with stock pipe and resonator and it sounds good without being noisy. As several others have mentioned, you may be happier with the 18" though.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have a magnaflow 22" muffler. It just makes the truck a little more throaty. Can hear more when I am dragging something with the trailer or hard on the skinny pedal. I am happy with it ... I don't like to be too loud ... little bit of growl puts the baby to sleep faster :)

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
I was going to say you can get a spintech sportsman XL, which is just a heavy duty quiet muffler. Then I read the post from H7009 and remembered why I swapped my first muffler out(which was a dynomax) because I thought it was too quiet. That might be a good choice, if I recall mine was about 18" but it was 3" in/out(too big). The one H7009 describes should fit your need.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts