Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i found a shop in San Antonio TX to do my suspension lift on my 2010 4.6L.

A Rough Country 6" Complete lift, parts, installed, labor and allignment for $2050.00.
any of you gear heads know if this is a good quote considering the kit is about $1300 online? there is no way i would be able to do it myself, not nearly close enough to confident enough to try.

Thanks in advance.

Steven in Iraq:iwojima:

·
Registered
819 Posts
That sounds about right. When I was looking at 6" lifts I was qouted around $700-$750 + alignment. Maybe someone with a lift will chime in.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wonder if its really as hard to do as i picture it in my mind considering when i come home for R&R from Iraq i will have two weeks and i don't have that many Tools

·
Registered
179 Posts
So i found a shop in San Antonio TX to do my suspension lift on my 2010 4.6L.

A Rough Country 6" Complete lift, parts, installed, labor and allignment for $2050.00.
any of you gear heads know if this is a good quote considering the kit is about $1300 online? there is no way i would be able to do it myself, not nearly close enough to confident enough to try.

Thanks in advance.

Steven in Iraq:iwojima:

Hey Steve, I'm getting a coilover , upper a arm, balljoint transfer, rearshocks+shackles and blocks and alignment for 450$ At Offroad Concepts in S.A Texas. I was told by a mechanic buddy that this was a good deal and that they are a top notch operation. I dont know how much more or less labor intensive installing a roughcountry lift is( wouldnt think it would be all that much more complicated) but mabey you can save some bucks by giving them a call.

I'll have my truck done tommorrow, I'll let ya know how it goes.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Steve, I'm getting a coilover , upper a arm, balljoint transfer, rearshocks+shackles and blocks and alignment for 450$ At Offroad Concepts in S.A Texas. I was told by a mechanic buddy that this was a good deal and that they are a top notch operation. I dont know how much more or less labor intensive installing a roughcountry lift is( wouldnt think it would be all that much more complicated) but mabey you can save some bucks by giving them a call.

I'll have my truck done tommorrow, I'll let ya know how it goes.
Sign,
wow that sounds like a hell of a deal. I'm guessing thats just the labor not total for everything with parts??? do you mind me asking how much you paid for the parts? and how much lift do you expect to get. coming home in exactly two weeks for R&R and would love to get my suspension done?

not opposed to saving money, but want quality too.

Thanks for the info

·
Registered
179 Posts
Sure, this is the receipt from Wheelers Offroad

1 (ICON)IVD 5-8650 D/S IVD 5-8650 D/S Tundra Coilover 2007-Current 1,199.00.
1(CAMBURG BJ) CAM 310038 D/S CAM 310038 D/S 2007 Tundra Control Arms 379.00

Total Chaos Shackles 49704 D/S TCS 49704 D/S 07+ Tundra Rear Shackle Set, 3/4"
Lift 1 119.00 119.00

2(ICON) IVD 5-7520 D/S IVD 5-7520 D/S 07+ Tundra Rear Shocks, 2" 220.00
Promotion Sales Sales Discount, THIS AMOUNT WILL BE
DEDUCTED FROM ANY RETURNED PARTS
CREDIT!
-137.00 -137.00
1 Shipping Shipping & Handling Payment 0.00 0.00
MESSAGE DROPSHIP -*- PLEASE NOTE THAT PART NUMBERS ON
YOUR INVOICE THAT ARE FOLLOWED BY A "D/S"
ARE BEING SHIPPED DIRECT FROM THE
MANUFACTURER'S WAREHOUSE.
1 0.00 0.00
1 Shipping Shipping & Handling Payment 80.00 80.00
Shipping Discount Shipping paid by Wheeler's, THIS AMOUNT WILL
BE DEDUCTED FROM ANY RETURNED PARTS
CREDIT!
-80.00 -80.00
TOTAL $1,780.00
Labor for install is $450 including alignment. The total lift is 3.5 inches up front and maintaining the rear about .5 inch higher with shackle and blocks. This set up was reccomended for durability and performance. I'm on my way to S.A to pick it up today I'll let ya know how the work turned out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts