Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As my name says, I want a radiant red TRD DC with black interior. I went to a pretty big dealership in the area and they said that back interior is pretty hard to come by, let alone that combination of radiant red with black. He also stated that the majority of cloth interiors are grey or tan.. Is this true or is this typical salesperson bs? I will not settle for anything less than my dream truck.. Also, if anyone has this combination I would love some pictures, although please understand that showing me these would be like giving a crack addict a fresh supply... Im craving this truck!!

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
As my name says, I want a radiant red TRD DC with black interior. I went to a pretty big dealership in the area and they said that back interior is pretty hard to come by, let alone that combination of radiant red with black. He also stated that the majority of cloth interiors are grey or tan.. Is this true or is this typical salesperson bs? I will not settle for anything less than my dream truck.. Also, if anyone has this combination I would love some pictures, although please understand that showing me these would be like giving a crack addict a fresh supply... Im craving this truck!!
There are two radiant red DC's on my local dealer's lot. One is a TRD and the other isn't, but they both have black interior...so it is possible to find one

·
Premium Member
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome thanks. I think the salesman actually stated that about 5% of them would come with black interiors. I think he was just jerking my gerkin.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I purchased one about two weeks ago. I had a very hard time finding one. I looked in all of Ohio, most of Kentucky and Eastern Indiana. Most of the radiant reds in my area (cincinnati,OH) had the tan interior. I'll try to get you some pics tonight. But this combo is the only way I would have it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
My dealer has one as a loaner. Exact colors you are looking for. We took it home overnight while we were getting line-x installed. Beware the black cloth shows every piece of lint. But I agree with you that if that is your dream truck.....don't settle. Good Luck!
Cheers.:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Interesting , here in Canada , you can only get the radiant red with Black interior, Mine is on order, Should be here next week , Trd off road makes them harder to come by up here , dealer told me they are building it for me.:confused:

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have a radiant red CM with the black interior . It was the only way I could find it , which is what i wanted so it worked out great for me !!! :tu:

·
Registered
56 Posts
I've been looking for the past week at my local dealers, all five of them don't have the red DC wtih the black interior. They have the tan or gray.

·
Registered
12 Posts
hey FYI, if you get the radiant red with the grey interior you can have the dealer add black toyota leather and have the "two toned" look. Thats what i did. Ill try and post some pics

·
Registered
186 Posts
what i was told when i ordered my crewmax is that they do it by regions. my region from what the said didnt get a lot with the black interior well i wanted a white truck and black interior so they got me one from toyota. if they cant find it order it and dont let them try and tell you "well it will cost more" thats a load of crap

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
what i was told when i ordered my crewmax is that they do it by regions. my region from what the said didnt get a lot with the black interior well i wanted a white truck and black interior so they got me one from toyota. if they cant find it order it and dont let them try and tell you "well it will cost more" thats a load of crap
well it will cost more, especially now. if they have to order one (oh wait, they arent building any more until like november or something right since they ceased production) even if they were able to order one, they woudlnt be marking it down like the ones sitting on their lots for the past year so the price would be more.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Stick to your guns...you won't regret it. Radiant Red with the black interior looks great. I get a ton of complements on mine. The dealership I went to, in Austin, gave me the same line. I called a friend in Houston(Humble) and they said they are rare (Only 2 in Texas at the time with the TRD package)but they could get one for me. It was shipped in from San Antonio. I got pre-aprroved over the phone...drove down...picked it up and drove off.
Just for grins I went to the Austin dealership and had them do the first oil change, with the other dealers plates on it...of course!!!:nod: They asked and I told them...the salesman I talked to wouldn't find one...these guys did.
Anyway...HOLD OUT!!!

·
Registered
513 Posts
I have Radiant Red with grey leather interior.

my first Tundra (Crew Max) was Slate on black int. I wouldn't settle for anything less than black interior, I just simply don't like other interior colors.

however, I traded it in for R-Red DC with grey leather, which at first I wish was black interior, but I'm glad I took it since it actually grew on me. and it's not "if you can't have what you love, love what you have" type of affair. I just think that the grey interior lightens up the interior. that's what I think now. if the Tundra interior was of better quality materials, say like BMWs, then I would still be in love with black.

Two things to keep in mind though:
1. my black WeatherTech mats make the grey carpet "dissapear", which is very good thing.
2. I have leather interior. If I had to be stuck with cloth, the black is the only color I'd get. that black sr5 fabric is neat, but I higly recommend leather instead, day and night difference.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts