Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I had a radiator explode on me about 3 or 4 months ago while towing some equipment on the highway.

The radiator and coolant passages took on ALOT of transmission fluid, i'm not sure why, but I am sure that the transmission did not receive any coolant... i think the pressure going out of the fluid pump wouldn't allow any in so no damage there

replaced the radiator for a steal! but even after all this i am still seeing spots of oil in my coolant reservoir from time to time. The coolant always seems to come back up slightly red... i know it's just being colored by the old trans fluid that found it's way in there... i keep dumping the overflow reservoir but it's getting old! the color has gone way down since i started dumping the over flow (about 25 dumps ago lol) it's never pure tranny fluid just dyed coolant with a little oily slicks here and there

I never did a complete flush, my question is can someone suggest how this would be done? and is there a solution I can run through my coolant that would clean the piss out of everything? I replaced the thermostat and and i just don't want to find out this one craps out due to residual tranny fluid floating around...

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i listed my questions backward but point taken,

right where i might have seen it huh? lol thanks guys

1 - 4 of 4 Posts