Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Rut Ro!
4,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know we tried before to get a cover made for where the radiator foam piece is/was at, in carbon fiber or billet even with no luck thus far. So I emailed a few companies and have one interested in looking at doing it and will most likely be made in stainless.

I now have a place closer to me that will make this piece. Anyone near Albany GA or Leesburg, GA to be exact? I am about 3.5 hours from there, but prepping my truck for a few more mods, and might not be able to make it up there anytime soon. Shoot me a PM if so.

·
Rut Ro!
4,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay so I emailed a couple of companies, and Billet & Acrylic Fantasies in Vero Beach, Fl can take a look at making this piece or any other billet we might want. I have been talking with them through email. I have seen their work through Facebook friends, etc and it is jam up! They need a Tundra to roll by there so they can look at it..Contact Tom Hingle. His info is:

Email: [email protected]
Phone: (772)-567-7645

I had a company that made my one-off AC knobs hoping to do this..But they have apparently become to busy to handle small stuff like this.

So if any of you all are in the Vero Beach FL area, get in contact with them and help your Tundra brothers out! :D

·
Registered
277 Posts
PM sent

·
Registered
814 Posts
I would like to see some photos and info about this. If it's not way over the top price wise I would like to have one! :cool:

btw Mark that's a cool radiator hose!

·
Rut Ro!
4,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^^Thanks bro! Another member on another forum is currently having something made as he posted today..So this will be interesting to see, and I hope it is what I am after.

But on that same note, we can get some cool billet pieces if/when we can get a tundra by that shop for mock up.

·
Rut Ro!
4,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mucho thanks to gameover169 aka John! He made it over to Billet & Acrylic Fantasies in Vero Beach, Fl and they took many measurements, etc for billet parts for our Tundra. Thanks again to you bro for driving that distance to meet up with Tom!

Now I know we have some difference between the trim levels, so for those of you that find something else, and have that particular trim level, we will need to get someone over to the shop. Now we just patiently wait to see what they can come up with.

Some of the things we are looking at for billet are:

-Radiator foam replacement piece(my original reason for contacting them)
-Gas shock covers for the hood supports
-Cap for the fuse block cover
-Door sill protectors(nice to have as I have a set from another billet company)
-Caps for all the fluid reservoirs under the hood
-Replacement mounts for all the factory switches to the left/right of steering wheel
-Possibly the plastic engine cover(John left his for him to play around with)

And whatever else we can think of along the way I am sure.

·
Registered
277 Posts
No problem mark. it's only a matter of time before the foam rots away on most tundras and we are left wondering what to replace it with. Tom has a great shop and if you can think of it he can probably produce it.

·
Rut Ro!
4,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
^^That is cool bro! If I could do that stuff, everything in my house would be billet too! LOL

FYI...I have all the engine caps as I bought spares from Sparks Toyota for this purpose. So I am shipping them out to him tomorrow so he will have the exact pieces to work with.

·
Registered
277 Posts
cool!!!!! yea Tom said he can make them but to ensure an exact fit he would prefer a set of caps to test fit. I would love to have a cnc mill and lathe in my garage also. If there is anything anyone would like to have made in billet feel free to chime in and let us know

·
Rut Ro!
4,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
^^You seen that billet on eBay for the cupholder area and place next to the shifter? The cupholder piece looks to be of interest. If you had other billet, that would complete the look for sure!

That piece next to the shifter would look much better if they left the lines off of it.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I'm guessing the piece may be foam for a reason? Possibly flex in that area or whatever type of movement might prohibit a solid piece?..........just a thought.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
It is not foam, but GTEK makes some nice pieces to cover the area!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts