Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Aux jack on my 2007 Tundra does not work. I plug in my Ipod to it and it won't switch from CD to Aux. It's not the IPOD or the plug, it's definetely the jack. Does anyone know how to fix it or replace it?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I know when I took apart my dash to install a new H/U, as I was reinstalling everything I pugged the seat warmer plug rather than the aux stereo plug into the back of the panel. They are similar other than their color (ones black and the other white, i think). Simple fix for me.

Good luck!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll check that. Thanks.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Has it ever worked? If this is the first time you've tried using it you might not have the volume on the iPod high enough for the head unit to sense that something is connected.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes it had worked for the past two years. It slowly started having issues, ie it would kick me out of Aux mode to CD. Finally its not working at all.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Have you tried a different cord?? I know you said it isn't that but I wouldn't rule it out unless you've tried another one in the truck.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I tried 3 cords and none worked. Tried the cord in my wifes car and they worked.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Yes it had worked for the past two years. It slowly started having issues, ie it would kick me out of Aux mode to CD. Finally its not working at all.

Well sounds too me that isnt the cord, if your stereo is not in the aux mode then it wont pickup the signal to that aux input ... sounds like your stereo is broken too me

I could have nothing plugged into the aux input and it wont kickout of that mode

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, the new plug fixed the problem. It took me about 5 minutes to replace. Good as new.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Mine broke a while back...had to pa the dealership somewhere around 250 bucks for a new jack

·
Registered
859 Posts
Mine broke a while back...had to pa the dealership somewhere around 250 bucks for a new jack

eh? you can buy a whole head unit for that. Nothiing fancy, but definitely a better unit. One that has a jack in it already. And a USB port.

·
Registered
135 Posts
OMG...highway robbery! I put in a new (and far superior) head unit that has 2 USB inputs and an auxiliary input for $200. The second USB port I put in the AUX port that went to my OEM stereo.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I see these are old posts, but san951 didn't seem to get his question answered. I had a similar problem and a Google search took me to these posts. This seems to be a common problem with all types of Toyota's. There are some really good videos on YouTube. I fixed mine for free. Just my time spent. About 10min. to remove the AUX port and 30min. to fix the AUX port. and 10 min. to put it all back together. If anyone else has this problem feel free to contaact me.:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry to revive such an old thread, but like the last post, I was lead here after searching all over the internet. Unlike the last one, I was unable to fix the port by resoldering the pins as shown on some youtube videos. Figured out a fix for me, so thought I'd put it up here so it might help the next guy.

In my case, I added a small wire between a couple pins that makes it look like there is always something plugged into it. So now when I press the CD-aux button it always switches between inputs regardless of if something is plugged in or not. Everything works as original, other than you have to manually pick between CD and Aux, which is completely fine with me.

Attachments

·
Registered
570 Posts
Yes.. HELP!!!! Mine stopped working about a year ago, after slowly getting worse and worse. I know it isn't the cable, as I have tried a bunch. I need the female end replaced. Every car stereo place I go to tells me it can't be done, or that it would cost hundreds. I am SUPER dependent on this, as it is how I listen to books on tape every day. I drive 120 miles every day for work, so I LONG ago gave up on any kind of rock radio. Instead, I use podcasts and books on tape to pass the time. My truck is a 2007, so the blutooth doesn't play music, just cell phone voice.***

Currently, this is my hifi. If anyone can give me tips to replace that jack, I would be forever grateful.

*** blutooth specifics. In case any of you are hard core audiophiles, this will make sense. My blutooth is the original mono blutooth. About 5 years ago, a newer stereo blutooth came out, it is called A2DP. BIG upgrade. My wife's newish subaru has it, and you can not only play Pandora over your stereo without plugging anything in... she can skip songs and stations through her steering wheel controls.

So, since I don't have A2DP... I just get the cell phone calls over the stereo. To get music, I have to tether

1 - 18 of 18 Posts