15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Fellow Tundraheads,
Need help in removing my radio to help solve my plastic creaking problem
in the dash. Could someone please give me a 101 class on this PLEASE:ts:

·
Registered
11 Posts
1. remove the control nobs for the ac/heater. they should just pull off.

2. I think there are some screws in the dash to remove the black center piece...i cannot remember, you'll have to look closely. If there are, I have mine removed and have not replaced them. The black center piece pulls out in one piece. at this point you should be able to access the radio.

I feel like I am missing something, it's been a couple years since I've had my dash apart. It really is simple, though, if you look around it's a no-brainer. there are no special tricks to taking it out.

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
3 screws behind knobs plus two more in the vents. Push in the top of the vents and you should see the screws. Once they are all out, tug a bit and it'll slide right out.

·
Registered
439 Posts
1. remove the control nobs for the ac/heater. they should just pull off.

2. I think there are some screws in the dash to remove the black center piece...i cannot remember, you'll have to look closely. If there are, I have mine removed and have not replaced them. The black center piece pulls out in one piece. at this point you should be able to access the radio.

I feel like I am missing something, it's been a couple years since I've had my dash apart. It really is simple, though, if you look around it's a no-brainer. there are no special tricks to taking it out.
You have got it down in the first two then you will need to take out the screws that hold side brackets that attach to the sides of the radio I beleive there are two and then the radio will slide out and if need be disconect the antenna, and wire connector.

One caution when you pull the control knobs off be careful as there is a small wire clip that creates friction on the knob shaft, and they can fall off in weird places hard to find.
Kevin

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Pull the 3 a/c knobs off....remove the 3 screws behind the knobs

then theres 2 more screws, 1 above each vent in the bezel. Push the vents up towards the roof then remove the screws.

the pull the bezel out, you might have to wedge a screwdriver to pop it out some up top, just be careful not to mar up the dash....put tape on the screwdriver tip just in case.

·
Registered
204 Posts
All spot on replies..

I'll just add that the blots retaining the radio itself have a 10mm head

1 - 6 of 6 Posts