Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever had to have their radio replaced due to the lack of volume control? Well now I have... The power button works but the volume is stuck at the highest possible location. Also the smaller button will change the channel but will not adjust the bass or any of its other functions. I took it to my local STEALER and they will replace it under my warranty WHAT A SHOCK!!!! I am surprised they didn't blame it on some lame reason like they did my front differential...

·
Premium Member
2,829 Posts
That mean you have NON JBL truck, and who ever replaced your radio, they installed JBL unit (and JBL Unit needs digital AMP - and most likely your truck doesn't have it)

·
Benny Hill
17,369 Posts
Sounds like you are unhappy with your dealer. If I didn't trust mine, I would switch. These Trucks are too nice and too expensive to be handing over to someone you don't trust or like.

·
Benny Hill
17,369 Posts
tinik, who is that beautiful woman in your avatar ?????????

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That mean you have NON JBL truck, and who ever replaced your radio, they installed JBL unit (and JBL Unit needs digital AMP - and most likely your truck doesn't have it)
Correct my truck is a non JBL and the radio has not been replaced (its the standard SAT/6 cd changer). Its just broke. No I do NOT like my local STEALER, they will do ANYTHING in their power to keep from doing warranty work. And they will NEVER touch my truck for anything other that warranty issues.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
there was another thread on problems with volume control
not entirely correct. theres been a TON of volume control threads...looks like a weak spot for toyota.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I can not tell you if this works on your tuck, but it did on mine.

2 weeks ago my volume went to the highest setting while driving to the lake at 4:30 in the morning. I almost drove off the road. Anyways, yesterday I left my cargo light on all night and the battery drained all the way down. I had a buddy jump start the truck and low and behold, the radio is preforming like it did before the mishap.

I don't know if disconnecting the power is the trick or not, but it is worth the attempt. Maybe the radio needs to be reset.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I can not tell you if this works on your tuck, but it did on mine.

2 weeks ago my volume went to the highest setting while driving to the lake at 4:30 in the morning. I almost drove off the road. Anyways, yesterday I left my cargo light on all night and the battery drained all the way down. I had a buddy jump start the truck and low and behold, the radio is preforming like it did before the mishap.

I don't know if disconnecting the power is the trick or not, but it is worth the attempt. Maybe the radio needs to be reset.

Good luck.
This recently happened in my 2008 seqouia with JBL sound system. It is infrequent. Sometimes I can turn the radio on and its fine for a while, then Wham! Full blast! Scares the hell out of me. I wondered if the problem is now fixed for you or has it ever come back.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts