Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My radio, radar detector and amp wont turn on. I narrowed it down to the remote turn on wire. Used a volt meter and theirs no power to the wire. I checked as much of the wire as i could but no cuts or anything. Tried to check fo fuses, but didn't know which one its connected to. Anyone have any suggestions.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Have you checked the radio fuse in the fuse block?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Im not sure if you are talking about the stock stereo, but if you are i had similar problems while adding an aftermarket cd player. I had to use the wire harnass going into the amp for the wiring harnass on the back of my cd player. I hooked up everything and i had no power to mycd player. I had constant power but no key switch power. We got to looking at a wiring diagram and the plugins on the back of the heat conrols/cig lighter had to be plugged in or it would not feed power to the cd player. That fuse is for cig lighters cdplayer and amp i believe. Hope it helps you

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually my aftermarket head unit has been working for about 3.5 years. It just starting going out while i was driving, and now it doesn't even turn on. I have been following the wiring with a volt meter to find the problem. Maybe I need a new radio.
Thanks for the reply

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Does the power lead on your head unit have a fuse on it and if so you check it? Did you also check the wiring to make sure that something hasn't come loose? This is why I always solder my harnesses together when I install an aftermarket stereo.

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Check the fuse. There is a short somewhere in your wireharness and it blew the fuse.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Did you resolve this yet cause i am having the same problem!!!

To be exact i went to put a after market head unit in and it didnt turn on. I check the harness and it tested ok, checked the fuse and it was ok. There is a constant power power thats it. I went to put the stock unit back in and it doesn't turn either.

2004 Toyota Tundra

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I fixed it but to tell you the truth, i have no idea what i did. I messed with all the wiring till it finally worked. I could not tell you what I did. No blown fuses. Sorry can't be of any help.

·
Premium Member
1,000 Posts
The constant 12 volts to the radio and amp should be color LY which I think is blue with a yellow stripe. It is powered through the dome fuse @15 amps. The other power wire should only be on when the key is on. It is a gray wire and is powered through the ACC 15 amp fuse. Pin 4 of the factory harness is the constant 12 volts and pin 3 is the ACC 12 volts.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts