Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help! I have been trying to locate the rain water leak for months. The dripping is on the driver's side under the dash between the left side wall and the steering column. I have sealed the outdoor fresh air vent screws with silicone sealer, but continues to drip inside. Could it be my inside/outside fresh air vent? It does not work.☔

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
The drain tube should be on the right side and shouldnt cause a problem near the kick plate and steering column. Pull the A pillar garnish off, get someone to stand outside and just keep flooding the front glass with water. Sit in the cab with a really bright flashlight and be patient. It can take quite a few minutes to see the leak start to form. And keep the hose low first and slowly raise it till you find the leak, dont just spray it everywhere. Do it too fast you might see water but might not be able to determine where its coming from.

Reactions: Remmy700P

·
Registered
3 Posts
Help! I have been trying to locate the rain water leak for months. The dripping is on the driver's side under the dash between the left side wall and the steering column. I have sealed the outdoor fresh air vent screws with silicone sealer, but continues to drip inside. Could it be my inside/outside fresh air vent? It does not work.☔
If you have a sunroof it may be the drain line that runs through the a pillar and the foot kick panel.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem in my 2002 Sequioa Limited. Water even leaked on to fuse box by the driver side kick panel. Ended up being the seal around my windshield. Since I had a couple of small star-shaped cracks, I decided to replace the windshield. The water leak stopped and I have a much better view of the road. Hope this info helps.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Agree with all the other posts. If those don’t solve the problem try replacing the screws which hold down the cowl piece between windshield and hood. There are several small gasketed screws that hold the piece in place. These gaskets deteriorated on my 03 Sequoia and the water leaked straight down into the foot wells on both sides. Just get the exact new screws with gaskets from Toyota and then pull the wiper arms remove and replace cowl with new screws (I used a dab of silicon as well for good measure). Solved my leak after an exhaustive search of prior mentioned items. Found this fix elsewhere on the forum a couple years ago and been dry since!
Good luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts