Toyota Tundra Forums banner

Raised White Letters or Not?

4K views 13 replies 13 participants last post by  TunTac 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

I've had a set of Bridgestone Dueler A/T's on my truck for several thousand miles & it just hit me that the white outline letters may be kinda dorky!:rolleyes:

What do y'all think? Should I pay Costco a few bucks to turn my tires inside out?

Thanks for the input!

#2 ·
I like to run mine without the white lettering showing. To each his own. If you like them, leave them alone. It's your truck, do what you like.

#4 ·
Yeah I like the white letters, but some don't. So, to each your own :tu:

#8 ·
I think it depends on the letters. If you are running some A/T tires and they look good, leave them out. If they are a knock off tire, "General, or Cooper," I'd probably hide them. I think it's more important to keep 'em clean when you wash the truck. Get a separate long handle brush. Clean wheels and tires can make or break a trucks appearance.

#9 ·
It's 2007, not 1977. White letters off. :D
No no no, that's white WALL. Yeah that's what you're thinking of ;) :D

And regarding the post above ^^^^^^^ I only like the white letters out on my winter tires, BRG A/T KO's but my summer ones that I had were black lettered.

#11 ·
I have raised white letters on my Tundra, but not by choice. It has the same tires that were on there when I bought it. They are still very good tires, so I will have to live with them for awhile I suppose. I never thought about having them turned.... probably not worth it.

Here are photos of my tires.... I actually took these photos today (March 11) after cleaning my truck....
what a job! :D

still gotta clean the inside though... maybe Tuesday? :)

#12 ·
My opinion white letters work with silver alloy wheels and blacked out letters look good with black wheels. Looks pretty good on my ATV as well.

#13 ·
I like my tires all black. It looks a lot cleaner like that. Plus you don't have to worry about having dingy looking white letters after a few hundred miles.:D Here's a pic of the tires I had on my Tacoma. This is after about 8,000 miles on them. Still looks clean cause I don't have to worry about white lettering. Doesn't it look sexy with black letters? :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.