Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
did the lift on the vehicle yesterday changed out everything and don't understand why the front is sitting up higher than the back. for my understanding from shock Surplus they said that it was a self leveling kit that would make the front end set level as the back. does anybody know anything about this or what I could do to avoid the front end sitting up a little higher than the back

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
did the lift on the vehicle yesterday changed out everything and don't understand why the front is sitting up higher than the back. for my understanding from shock Surplus they said that it was a self leveling kit that would make the front end set level as the back. does anybody know anything about this or what I could do to avoid the front end sitting up a little higher than the back
the only thing I didn't do is buy the new shocks for the back which I was going to the same brand but I don't know if that would make a difference or not to make that help?

·
Registered
101 Posts
that's alot of lift just to level it. did you measure front and rear height before you installed and confirmed the lift is as expected? i put a 2.5" spacer lift in the front and it definitely didn't sit level after. I put lift springs in the back to raise the whole thing about 2.5". Put some 33" tires on it and the kids at elementary school think you have a monster truck. Here's what mine looked like after installing spacer lift up front. The pic with black wheels is after installing the OME 2865 springs in the rear.

Attachments

·
Registered
2005 Toyota Sequoia Limited
246 Posts
Your rear springs are 18 years old they are sagging, you put new springs in the front, they aren't sagging. New shocks in the rear aren't going to lift the vehicle. Measure the height difference and either put a spacer or new coils to get it back to level.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The leveling kit I had put on my '06 DC had 1" blocks and new u-bolts for the rear springs with it, plus I put an add a leaf on with it. Had a frame shop set level ride height and alignment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts