Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I've tried searching and have had no results. About a month ago, I had my check engine light appear on my 2000 limited 4x4 4.7. Later that afternoon, the check engine light disappeared. So I stopped by autozone for a code reading. It listed three different misfiring codes. The funny thing is, even with those so called misfires, the truck ran perfect. About a week later, the check engine light came back, so I went back to autozone. They said it was a "knock senor." The guy at autozone said don't worry too much about particular sensor. So last night, the check engine light came back once more and started blinking. So this morning I drove back to autozone and they said was code p1300. I'm completely lost as autozone is. Even throughout today, the light turns off for a while, then turns back on and flashes. Again, while all this has been happening, the truck runs perfect. About two weeks ago, I replaced the serpinetine belt. Immediately afterwards, I didn't notice anything.

Last November, I replaced one of the coil packs and all 8 plugs. Then in December, I replaced the passenger side o2 sensor. So from December to last month, the truck as run great and no check engine light.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

-2000 Tundra Limited 4x4 4.7
-98,839 miles
-

·
2015 Toyota Tundra DC SR5 5.7L
8,536 Posts
That's a Toyota-specific code indicating a #1 igniter circuit malfuntion. This circuit manages ignition timing on engines that do without a distributor. The problem could be in the harness, the igniter, or the circuit itself.

Are there any other codes? P03XX Cylinder misfires maybe?

DTC No. P1300

Condition (a) below is repeated 3 times consecutively during 6 consecutively IGT signals while engine is running:

(a) IGF signal is not input to ECM for 2 or more ignitions

Trouble Area(s)
- Ignition system
- Open or short in IGF or IGT circuit from igniter to ECM
- Igniter
- Ignition coil
- ECM

You're at 98,000+ miles. Have you done the timing belt yet? If not, I'd do that first before you expend all kinds of effort on timing circuit diagnostics.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
DTC 1300 is #1 Ignition coil which is on #1 Spark plug so swap it and isolate it, not sure if you can buy 1 wire seperatly but chances are that coil pack is bad! #1 should be front cylinder on drivers side! On my 06 the drivers side are from front to back 1357!

·
2015 Toyota Tundra DC SR5 5.7L
8,536 Posts
DTC 1300 is #1 Ignition coil which is on #1 Spark plug so swap it and isolate it, not sure if you can buy 1 wire seperatly but chances are that coil pack is bad! #1 should be front cylinder on drivers side! On my 06 the drivers side are from front to back 1357!
Hey Hog~

The P1300 code refers to the #1 igniter circuit, not the #1 cylinder coil. There are two igniters used to run the ignition timing, so focusing on a specific coil pack isn't going far enough up the line. That's why I asked if he had any other misfire codes...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Many thanks for all the replies! The coil pack I changed out was actually cylinder 1. Whats confusing me is all the different trouble codes that have appeared. When the coil pack went out last year, it was the same trouble code that kept appearing. I usually try and do all maintenance myself because I don't have a lot of disposable income to pay shop fees. I'm hoping this isn't to complex of a job for me to repair the problem.

Could the timing belt be part of the cause?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's a Toyota-specific code indicating a #1 igniter circuit malfuntion. This circuit manages ignition timing on engines that do without a distributor. The problem could be in the harness, the igniter, or the circuit itself.

Are there any other codes? P03XX Cylinder misfires maybe?

DTC No. P1300

Condition (a) below is repeated 3 times consecutively during 6 consecutively IGT signals while engine is running:

(a) IGF signal is not input to ECM for 2 or more ignitions

Trouble Area(s)
- Ignition system
- Open or short in IGF or IGT circuit from igniter to ECM
- Igniter
- Ignition coil
- ECM

You're at 98,000+ miles. Have you done the timing belt yet? If not, I'd do that first before you expend all kinds of effort on timing circuit diagnostics.

Also, if there is a problem with the ignition system, would I notice a difference in the way the truck drives? I know when the coil pack went out, the truck was barely able to be driven. With all the different codes that have surfaced, I'm praying it doesn't have anything to do with the ecm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts