Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else have this problem? I've had my Taco for a couple months now(!st one) and now im noticing a rattle under the R dash beginning at about 50-55 mph. I didnt so much notice it before i had the car alarm installed but i only had it like a week before i did that so im really not sure. Ive gotten up under there and the only loose pience i can find it the AC duct and that not whats making the noise. Im at a brick wall....
Any ideas or suggestions?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
from this forum and another one it seems the most consistant problem is the airbag sensor mod...i'll have the dealer take a look at it soon, thanks guys!

·
Registered
55 Posts
i ahve an 06 tundra with the same engine type as the tacoma (4.0L V6) and i had the same rattle what seemed like it was under the passenger dash, i had looked at it and found out that it was the stock intake..

it turns out the plastic was rattling against the metal by the wheel well where the stock intake gets the air source from. i had wrapped it in some more foam and it fixed the problem..

hopefully this helps

·
Registered
230 Posts
I have the exact same problem with my 2009 Tacoma. It comes from under the passenger dash and I don't know what it is. Can someone give us more information about the airbag sensor as being a potential problem?

·
Registered
663 Posts
I have the exact same problem with my 2009 Tacoma. It comes from under the passenger dash and I don't know what it is. Can someone give us more information about the airbag sensor as being a potential problem?
The airbag sensor problem is that there's a loose nut. With mine, the rattle would happen when it was cold out and the engine bogged just before downshifting (picture driving up a slight incline where the RPMs are really low just before it shifts and raises the RPMs). I would get a slight rattle on the passenger side. It first sounded like the vent rattling, then I narrowed it down to what I thought was the ducts behind the glove box, ultimately turned out to be the airbag module/computer. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ordered and picked up a brand new 2005 Toyota Tacoma Super Cab 4x4 compleley stock. I have a rattle or sounds like plastic on plastic under the dash on the passenger side. It is driving me crazy, I have removed the glove box and the inner plastic kick panel to help isolate the problem. I have taken it to the dealer while under warranty but of course they could not find anything. Got to fix the rattle can't stand it anymore. I need to fix it or sell it.........

Thanks Rick

·
Registered
1 Posts
have this problem also on my 2009 tacoma from new: sounds like hard plastic vibrating against something else hard at engines speeds of 100-1600 rpm regardless of gear i am in. so far dealer cannot find. nor can i. sounds like it is coming from inside the passenger outside airvent according to my wife who has been forced to stand on her head at numerous times in order to find this noise....

·
Registered
663 Posts
If it's not the passenger airbag module with a loose nut (common problem), then it could be the bunch of wires up there. People have had that problem too where they've taped up the wires so they don't rattle. Might check both of those out.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Had the same noise with my tacoma. Sounded like it was under the passenger dash area. Turned out it was it intake where it enters the right fender. Put some 3M weather stripping around it and no more noise

·
Registered
663 Posts
Had the same noise with my tacoma. Sounded like it was under the passenger dash area. Turned out it was it intake where it enters the right fender. Put some 3M weather stripping around it and no more noise
There was a TSB for that one too (or maybe it was just a known problem?). I guess they never got around to fixing it on the assembly line.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts