Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to know if anyone with a RCLB knows of any different aftermarket exhaust choices??? Also does the exhaust have to be model specific or can I put an exhaust on my truck that has the same wheelbase as mine. Such as a crewmax/short box or extented cab/regular box???

have 2008 5.7 2wd

my need;

complete stainless-steel
mendrel bend
loudest sound
dual-rear exit
highest hp and torque at high rpm

no need of low-rpm torque

I only see RCLB on gibson website

no-body have skill for doing nice custom setup for my truck under 1000$ in my area

tanks

·
Premium Member
2,395 Posts
Don't hear about many RCLB 5.7s, not to mention in 4x2.

As you already have found out, there aren't many exhaust choices for your truck. Since the biggest hurdle here is the dual side outlets, you could just buy a complete TRD system for a DCLB and shorten both sides of the muffler inlet piping - this should be the only difference between the RCLB and a DCLB and the hangers should all line up. If you don't like the quieter TRD muffler, just weld in a pair of mufflers to your liking (or a single, dual in/out muffler for that matter). I'd recommend a pair of powersticks as mufflers because you wanted something loud, but since you live in Canada they will rust out in no time so never mind...

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Can get some Stainless Works in there. More expensive alternative to the Powersticks.

Borla makes a RCLB exhaust. I like mine for my DC and it's been great to me with over 40K miles on it. Still cleans up nice and purdy. About once a year I take her off and polish her up.

-rockstate

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it's funny in canada all regular cab is long bed

no RCSB

I don't understand why crew max 5' bed and extented cab 6' bed is the same cat-back
and this can't fit on reg cab 8' bed

·
Registered
32,593 Posts
it's funny in canada all regular cab is long bed

no RCSB

I don't understand why crew max 5' bed and extented cab 6' bed is the same cat-back
and this can't fit on reg cab 8' bed
The RCSB variant was allowed into Canada part way through 2008, albeit in 4x4 powertrain only. :D

The most popular wheelbase is mid wheelbase, DC standard bed or Crewbax short bed. This is the same wheelbase as the RCLB, and as such, most exhaust systems for this length will interchange. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts