Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, have a friend at work that drives a 05 Charger and we've been talking about running each other to see what would happen. He only has the 5.7 Hemi so I think I stand a good chance. Do y'all think I could take em? Of course we won't be doing this on any public roads, we plan on going to a airstrip around here.
Here's some posted times of other Chargers:
Dodge Charger 1/4 Mile Drag Racing Timeslips - DragTimes.com

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You just did lmao
Unless you mean start a thread, there's a "New Thread" button at the top of the main page.

·
Registered
378 Posts
At least you can gloat in the fact that you have a truck and he has a car. Well to be more specific, you have a real truck and he has an OK car.

Thinking of trading my 05 4Runner for a new Corvette. I have an 07 Tundra and the 05 4Runner sits. That commercial with Dale Jr driving is kind of convincing.

Besides, need something to conserve on fuel!

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I was under the impression the Chargers run around 14 flat/low 14s in stock "Hemi" trim, so I think itd be an interesting race at least.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was under the impression the Chargers run around 14 flat/low 14s in stock "Hemi" trim, so I think itd be an interesting race at least.
No doubt, I'll talk with him again tomorrow and try to set something up this weekend. I'll make sure to take the video camera if we do. Of course if I lose the tape would somehow disappear:devil:

·
Registered
457 Posts
You have a 4x4? Take off all the traction contol goodies and put in 4wd and launch that Bisnatch like no other:D
I've wondered about the 4x4, would you disengage it after it got up to speeed ot just leave it in 4x4? I think it would slow the truck down on the top end.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I've wondered about the 4x4, would you disengage it after it got up to speeed ot just leave it in 4x4? I think it would slow the truck down on the top end.
I've played around with this on my 00 and the truck really doesn't like being taken out of 4wd with even moderate throttle. I tried disengaging it at around 30 mph at around 1/2 throttle and the truck shook and made a lot of noise so I cant imagine taking it out at full throttle. I'm not sure how much 4wd would harm the top end since when it is not engaged the transfercase, front driveshaft, and front wheels are spinning anyways, but my truck does seem more lively in 2wd. Obviously the 07 is different, but I think it would be along the same lines.

·
Banned
888 Posts
Cant say what the slips would read from a track,but theres a red one here that wants nothing to do the a BIG'OLE SCARRY SLate Met. Tundra :D
I walked him from 50 and then again from 70 :cool:
I let him honk both times LMAO !! Poor thing took an exit.:eek:
On a strip ...... that ole Mopar might get its feelings hurt.
Now if I can just get that Black SRT/8 I see 3-4 times a week to GET OFF THE PHONE !! I would run his @$$ too.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Get any weight you can off it, have just a little bit of fuel in the tank. You could take the spare out and tailgate off, also any and all junk you might have in it.

·
Banned
888 Posts
Weight wouldn't be the issue as assumed.If you arent dropping 1K lbs or better your no-where near gaining even a tenth of a second.
Try Aerodynamics,pushing a brick is still pushing a brick regardless of its weight.
I still think the Tundra would pull the Hemi on the top end on a track. Anything after 115mph and the Tundras is done.

Get any weight you can off it, have just a little bit of fuel in the tank. You could take the spare out and tailgate off, also any and all junk you might have in it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts