Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just about to pull the trigger on a Ready Lift 3/1 lift on my 08 Tundra 5.7 W/ TRD pkg. As far as leveling kits go, I only see Ready Lift mention a Zero point calibration after install otherwise under a heavy throttle load it may trigger the traction control and lose engine power.

My question is, have any of you that have this installed had to recalibrate this and since I drive everywhere with traction, limited slip disabled anyway by turning it off before I drive, will this in sense "over ride" it anyway?

thanks!!

·
Registered
130 Posts
My wife and I used the Ready Lift leveling kit on our 2008 5.7 crewmax 4x4.. We did not perform the zero-point calibration.. The truck drives exactly like it did stock. There are many times where a Toyota repair manual will tell you to do a zero point calibration after the smallest repairs.. So ready lift (and other companies) probably recommend it as a disclaimer/precaution.

We did do an alignment though. I set the camber at 0.2+ so the stock wheels/tires didn't look all funny.

It's been 8,000 miles and there have not been any issues. I've retorqued/rechecked all the suspension bolts, including the rear u-bolts.. For my own piece of mind. Nothing had loosened.

I haven't used 4-Low.. I did use 4-High for a while this past weekend. I just turned the nannies off and everything was like it was, still normal

Hope this helps!
Jake.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I had the dealer do a Zero point calibration after I installed my Truxxx and had my 2008 DC longbed aligned. I still get the beeping and even the brakes kicking in around curves, it is pretty annoying.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts