Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[FONT=&quot]Just arrived in upstate New York from Daytona Beach Fl. 1,240 miles door to door towing my 98' Caddy Deville (4090 lbs empty) on a tow-master tow dolly , with truck bed loaded as well as back seat. We started with a little over 500 miles on the truck. We drove I95 to I26/I77 (Georgia) to Hillsville Va (Day one). Started out gently 60 then 70 and 75 Mph all the way (cruise control) day one. Day 2, I-77 to I-79 to I-90 north to Williamson, NY. I drove 70 and 75 all the way (with cruise control) 1,240 miles in all.

We purchased a total of 100.6 gallons of Regular gas, used no oil or any fluids except windshield fluid. This gave us a little better than 12.50 Mpg. And I will say we were honking it all the way through the Allegany Mountains in Va, W-Va, Pen.

My little 4.7 screamed all day long pulling about 2300-2400 rpms's except for the numerous mountains and 5 and 6% grades when it went up to 4000-4500 as needed. This electronic transmission works great, shifts so smooth if it wasn't for the engine noise you wouldn’t know it was running..

Wow this truck is something else![/FONT]

·
Registered
302 Posts
You got the state wrong for I-26/77 - its SC and NC not GA. Anyway, thanks for a real world towing story. That pull on I-77 going from NC into VA is a nice towing test!!!! I have the 5.7 so I have to wait until Mem Day weekend to get my own real world towing story.

·
Registered
416 Posts
You got the state wrong for I-26/77 - its SC and NC not GA. Anyway, thanks for a real world towing story. That pull on I-77 going from NC into VA is a nice towing test!!!! I have the 5.7 so I have to wait until Mem Day weekend to get my own real world towing story.
That explains why he ended up in Indiana instead of New York! :D

Just kidding, thanks for the info...:tu:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Because we were haul-in very fast and furry-isly I kinda overlooked the exact location of where we picked up I-26. All that I remembered was it was a little ways north of Savannah (Ga). But your right, as I refresh my memory by looking at the map, it surly was South Carolina. And what a beautifully state it was.

My point was to outline where we traveled and over what roads etc. so anyone familiar, such as geneowns would recognize what means to say we were going 70-75 Mph (cruise control) all the way. Of course we had more than enough power and gas millage was very impressive, not to mention the ride was quite nice as well..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts