Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody -- The time has come for the famous 5100 front, rear, and AAL from(Wheeler's) install on my 05' TRD 4wd. This is all scheduled for Tuesday June 1. Now I have second thoughts on the rear 5100's. I've been looking at the FOX rear shocks part #FOX980-02-421-A from Off Road Warehouse to replace the brand new uninstalled rear 5100's - which I might sell depending on the feedback I get - My problems/questions are as follows: #1. Is this particular FOX shock worth the extra $cash? I don't do any heavy offroading, however, I am a just in case kind of guy. #2. Will this shock withstand moderate offroading. I ask this because one vendor had stated that this is a BLING BLING type of shock. That comment push me to ask you guy's for help with this. #3. What Ext. length & Col. length do I need? Please note that I also plan to haul a motorcycle, possible a load of wood, etc... #4. Will these shocks bottom out or withstand these types of loads or greater? The advice would be greatly appreciated. Oh, and I promise I will post PICS as soon it is done!!

Thanks in advance.
TTundra627

·
Registered
429 Posts
Stick with the 5100's. Much less cash and just as good, if not better for your application. givin your usage statement, you will be set up perfect with AAL and 5100.

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Fitty one hundreds gets my vote

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks alot guy's for your inputs. I think I will stick with the 5100's for the rear, and save up for some headers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts