Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
...Raptor Slayer...
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So over the weekend i had backed into a guard rail and minorly ding the rear bumper...but the bumper got shoved into my rear fender bowing it outward...i fixed the fender but was wondering wear i can get a new bumper keeping in mind that i have a chome one i wanted to switch to white to color match the rest of the truck does anyone know where i can get one of these besides the dealership rip off

·
Registered
1,353 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
I seen some black ones on ebay and the internet for around $250. You also should look into getting a back up cam.

·
...Raptor Slayer...
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Eh?? That if you WANT a backup camera, you can get one where the monitor looks factory for $100. I'm really not sure how the post wasn't clear. Maybe it's my accent? :)
oh got ya ...yea that sounds like a good idea thanks ...sorry i was confused a bit lol :confused: points sent

·
Registered
859 Posts
oh got ya ...yea that sounds like a good idea thanks ...sorry i was confused a bit lol :confused: points sent
A few of us have gotten the '$100 package'. Fairly easy to install, the monitor looks factory and the camera gives a good field of view. It's a pretty good deal. It ain't like the huge NAV/Camera package, but it sure is good enough. Some guy on ebay sells them. Asking price is 199.95 but we've had success with the 'make an offer' button and offering $100. Just do a search for on ebay for 'Rostra Tundra' if you are interested.

Can't claim credit though. Barney_Fife was the one who located that deal.

Bumper? Always worth checking out a scrapyard, just in case. But might be easier and cheaper to sandblast, fill and paint the one you have. Depending on the damage.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
A few of us have gotten the '$100 package'. Fairly easy to install, the monitor looks factory and the camera gives a good field of view. It's a pretty good deal. It ain't like the huge NAV/Camera package, but it sure is good enough. Some guy on ebay sells them. Asking price is 199.95 but we've had success with the 'make an offer' button and offering $100. Just do a search for on ebay for 'Rostra Tundra' if you are interested.

Can't claim credit though. Barney_Fife was the one who located that deal.

Bumper? Always worth checking out a scrapyard, just in case. But might be easier and cheaper to sandblast, fill and paint the one you have. Depending on the damage.
thanks!!! and i still love mine!

hey, might check with body shops to find out who they use...when my truck got keyed, the chrome on the bumpers was one portion that was scratched...they got me reconditioned ones...(better chrome and lifetime warranty through the insurance co so im happy)...but those bumper places deal with painted ones too...might be able to get a reconditioned plain one cheaper than buying a new one.....too bad i still dont have my back one..i sold it for cheap..coulda powedercoated it like 007_tundra did here with my old front one.

·
...Raptor Slayer...
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey back to the issue though my bumper is still smoked so i need a place to purchase a white bumper

1 - 11 of 11 Posts