Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up an 08 Sequoia Limited yesterday. Drove it 400 miles home, and absolutely love this thing! I have the JBL stereo and found the factory sub. My question is, what else is back there behold that panel where the sub is? I noticed the little cubby hole and stuff, but is there anything major forward of the factory sub behind that panel?

Kyle

·
Registered
346 Posts
The sub is behind the panel on the left (driver side) it's a cheap paper cone subwoofer and IMO it's pathetic.
I finally told my wife I'm replacing it since she didn't want me to and I installed a jbl gto804 subwoofer along with a jl 250/1 v2 amp. It's a improvement.
I bought a oscilloscope to adjust the gain on a different car's audio and used it on this too. I was only able to push about 245 watts rms before the sub was bottoming out (mechanical maxed out)
I always thought I had a panel rattling but it was the sub screaming for help lol
I want to install a 10" sub instead and found a very good shallow mount sub (sundown sd-3) but the enclosure is too small. Now I need to replace the enclosure but I need to figure out how to remove it.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
The sub is behind the panel on the left (driver side) it's a cheap paper cone subwoofer and IMO it's pathetic.
I finally told my wife I'm replacing it since she didn't want me to and I installed a jbl gto804 subwoofer along with a jl 250/1 v2 amp. It's a improvement.
I bought a oscilloscope to adjust the gain on a different car's audio and used it on this too. I was only able to push about 245 watts rms before the sub was bottoming out (mechanical maxed out)
I always thought I had a panel rattling but it was the sub screaming for help lol
I want to install a 10" sub instead and found a very good shallow mount sub (sundown sd-3) but the enclosure is too small. Now I need to replace the enclosure but I need to figure out how to remove it.
Did you ever swap to the 10? The gto804 is discontinued.

I installed a 500/1V2 and a 12W3 in a ported box and tapped the JL LoC-22 off the rear speakers but I'm getting WAY too much boominess even with the gain way below the 44.7V JL recommends. I don't know whether to try a sealed box and hope for the best or put that money towards a shallow mount sub?

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
double post. site is acting up.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts