Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tow snowmobiles in the winter and occasoinal haul construction equiptment. I am tired of the 3/4 ton like ride. I want to get some Deavers but don't want to bottom out when I have some stuff in the bed or when towing. Should I get the full leaf springs or just the 3 pc leaf kit?

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
When I had mine (10 pack) I could carry two dirt bikes, gear, and gas without a problem and not bottom out. It just looked like a was towing a 5000lb trailer.

A snowmobile is a different story, I've never carrier one before but they do look heavy. If you only carry heavy items once in a while I'd go for the full 10 pack and deal with any bottoming out. You could also get some Timbren bump stops or air bags to help handle the load while having a smooth ride.

The 3 pack looks like a good alternative too as they look thin and long and delete your overload spring. This is why I had to sale mine:

That's the stock springs no AAL on the bump stops, a monthly occurance of heavy oak!:eek:

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
the reason you are on the bump stops is because of all those chain saws you're hauling around! :D

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
Why not just contact Deaver? This is what they do. Tell them what you need the truck to do and they can tell you which is better or build exactly what you need. Easy to deal with. Just give them a call or shoot an email

1 - 4 of 4 Posts