Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 Sequoia, using info found on this forum I was able to repair the motor of my rear window and replace the acuator in the rear liftgate. Unfortunately, my rear door still does not lock. When using my key, switch or remote, I can lock all the other doors but rear liftgate still will not lock. The rear door opens and closes fine, but will not lock. Does anyone have any suggestions? Could the actual lock be bad or something else?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi I have the same exact problem. First the lift gate handle broke and I replaced with a $35 one on Ebay. Then the rear window stopped rolling up/down and the rear wiper stopped working. I took everything apart and adjusted bolts while tapping on things with a pipe wrench...and that started wiper and window working again. And now.... The rear door won't lock. I haven't tryed anything yet to fix it....but are there any suggestions?
Thanks!
Doug

·
Registered
66 Posts
Even with the key it will not lock? Best thing to do is take off the interior side trim and get back to the locking mechanism and have a look at what is going on. I suppose the actuator also.

·
Registered
24 Posts
needasuv says he replaced the actuator already.

But a question... does the locking action act any differently now?

Can you hear it lock and then unlock? Or what do you hear if anything?

How about if the window is up or down -- any difference?

Is the rear wiper in the proper resting position?

Just tossing around ideas here...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts