Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SO not really sure what to do with this scenario. Have an 08 Sequoia Limited with the power hatch in the back. 2 weeks ago while on vacation, the hatch stopped locking and not sure why. I figured maybe because of the sand from the beaches it was getting clogged up. I was able to finally get it to latch. It did this a few more times then I was able to get it latch on the way home. It was fine for a week or so then the other day it did it and I can not get it to lock. It sounds like its trying to but not staying latched for some reason. I have taken the latch assembly out and cleaned it out and WD-40 in the mechanisms to free anything up. I was going to replace the latch until I noticed now the power folding button for the 3rd row seats quit working now from the back buttons. They still work from the buttons behind the second row but not from the back. Before I spend alot of money trying to get this diagnosed, I was hoping to maybe get any ideas of things to check on here. Im not sure if its electrical and the 3rd row seats and power lock working together? Also the drivers side door actuator sometimes wont work. Are these all connected together? :confused:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So update to this. Disconnect the battery to reset things and now the rear power seats are working but still no go on the latch. Any theories if that could be the only thing wrong? I hate to spend 200 bucks for something that doesnt fix it. Any help would be great.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.