Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently done some measurements and calculations on making a Sequoia setup to go along with my lift setup for the Tundra.

I was wanting to canvas the crowd in here to see what the opinions were as far as desired lift height. Based on my measurements and the overall factory stance of the Sequoia I'm thinking doing a 1.5" rear spacer and then allowing the customer to choose either the 2 or 2.5" size that would be the same as the Tundra front spacers to keep the overall stance similar to stock, but lift up enough to put a 285/75 in place of the the stock tires.

Prices are looking to run about $130 for the rear spacers and the same prices of $140 and $150 respectively for the 2 and 2.5" front sizes same as the Tundra.

Let me know of any suggestions you may have.

Thanks,
David
Owner, www.CornfedSuspension.com

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
David,

i haven't taken precise measurements, but would the 2" spacers up front level out a 2WD sequoia? the same question for the 4x4. thanks!

Chris

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Based on the measurements that I took on a friends 4wd Sequoia it would be between 2 and 2.5" to level them up. Based on my experience with the 4Runners I'd almost think that many people might want to level it, but just as many might be more interested in roughly matching heights and lifting both ends....maybe 2 or 2.5" in the front and the 1.5" that I was looking at in the rear.

Suggestions???

Thanks,
David

·
Registered
21 Posts
I think 1.5" in the rear would be perfect to go along with 2 to 2.5" in the front. I currently have a 2" lift in the rear and 2.5" lift in the front and I feel there is too much gap in the rear wheel well. With snow chains around the rear tires, I don't think there'll be any issues with a 1.5" rear lift with 285/75's tires.

IMHO, 1.5" in the rear and 2.5" in the front would look sweet. I'd be interested in the 1.5" rears when they come available.

Thanks,
Gene

·
Registered
21 Posts
No problem David. Look forward to next month when the rear's are available. Can't wait to reduce some of that exposed rear wheel well.

I lifted my front with SwayAway's coil-over system (0 to 3" adjustable). In the rear I used Daystars 2" lift spacers. I've had my Sequoia lifted a little overa a year now.

Regards,
Gene

·
Registered
38 Posts
SilverEye,
I am wanting to lift my Sequoia and have been considering the SwayAway coil over kit and whatever is necessary to then level the rear end. Are you satisfied with the SwayAway set up? Have you posted any pics of your Sequoia with the lift? I would very much like to see how it looks.
Matt

·
Registered
38 Posts
David,
Seeing Gene has had over a years experience with his current lift and thinks 1.5" rear spacer would be best, I would also be interested in such a rear spacer.
Matt

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Matt,

check out SilverEye's photos by clicking on his "photos" button or click on his "www" button for more pix. it's a sweet ride! :D

Chris

·
Registered
21 Posts
mbstoy,

Yes I've been very satisfied with my SwayAway setup. I have no issues with it and handles as good if not better than stock.

The only things I would say negative about it is that it requires a nitrogen re-charge and the front suspension lift is expensive. A nitrogen re-charge is recommended when the ride gets mushy. After a little over a year of usage, I haven't felt the need yet for a recharge and I do go 4WD in the snow and mud every now and then. As far as cost, the front alone was about $700. Just a couple things to consider before diving into this mod.

Thank you Simias for covering the other questions on the pictures. Yahoo photos is sometimes tempermental. I should probably post them in TS. And btw, thanks for the compliment.

regards,
gene

mbstoy said:
SilverEye,
I am wanting to lift my Sequoia and have been considering the SwayAway coil over kit and whatever is necessary to then level the rear end. Are you satisfied with the SwayAway set up? Have you posted any pics of your Sequoia with the lift? I would very much like to see how it looks.
Matt

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Like I had said in one of the other posts I should have these ready in roughly a month...I'm working with my machine shop locally and a friend of mine who is lifting his Moms Sequoia to work any problem issues out before releasing these.

Contact me at [email protected] or check out my website at www.CornfedSuspension.com for more info.

Thanks,
David

mbstoy said:
David,
Seeing Gene has had over a years experience with his current lift and thinks 1.5" rear spacer would be best, I would also be interested in such a rear spacer.
Matt

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sequoia Towing

what type of rear suspension does the Sequoia have? is it leaf springs or what? i am not familiar with'em.....the other question i would have is, when towing with my tundra, i had to install supersprings to keep it level, if i purchase a Sequoia(?) what would i have to do to it to keep it level and not squatting like i am sure it would?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Re: Sequoia Towing

jasonps said:
what type of rear suspension does the Sequoia have? is it leaf springs or what? i am not familiar with'em.....the other question i would have is, when towing with my tundra, i had to install supersprings to keep it level, if i purchase a Sequoia(?) what would i have to do to it to keep it level and not squatting like i am sure it would?
It has coil springs. The 2003's can be had with load leveling suspension.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts