Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some guidance....... I went wheelin last night and got a little more than I bargained for, and certainly more than what I expected. Two other guys I was with had lockers and I saw the light.... I WANT ONE!!! :devil: I've been browsing the threads on TS as well as the internet on different locker options, it looks like most people are pointing towards ARB, but I can't seem to find a consistent model number. The RD90 is showing as a front locker and the RD 129 is coming up as T-100 and Tacoma, anyone out there have a decisive answer?

One more question, you probably knew this was coming...... anyone have leads on where I can find one of these for a good price?

Thanks in advance!! :D

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Spend the money and go for the ARB air locker. Since you live in CO having a selectable locker will be your best bet and will save your tires over a lunch box locker like I have. Mine works good and is like night and day compared to an open end, but if I could do it again I would go for the ARB. One place you can look is Wheeler's Off Road they have the ARB for a reasonable price and all the other options to go with it. You'll have to have someone that knows how to shim and check clearence and who has the right tools to install the ARB. Also the ARB that fits the Tacoma and T100 should fit the Tundra also. Good luck!:tu:

·
Registered
138 Posts
i have the same truck, and are running a ARB air locker in the rear.

wish i could tell you what model number the locker was, but i can tell you your rear-end has a 30 spline axle, 30 spline pinion. The ring gear is a 8" with a 12 bolt pattern, if you end up with a ten bolt, you got the wrong locker.

-regards.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both for you responses!

I'm sure it's user error, but I am not finding the ARB locker on their website, I found everything but that..... I will give them a call tomorrow. Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts