Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
May sound pretty dang stupid but when I hit the rr diff button on my dash it always on my panel flashes red? Do I just hit the button and go? I have even tried it in 4 HI and 4 Low. Or does the light just flash red all the time?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Not a stupid question at all -- that's what the board is for, to help each other. Unless you have modified it, the diff will only lock in at low speed and only in 4Low. In 2High or 4High (or at higher speeds) it won't lock in, so that's why the light flashes. The light will be steady once the diff is locked. It should all be in your owner's manual, if you have one.

If you stop, select 4Low, and push the rear diff lock button, it should lock fairly quickly. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
407 Posts
It also helps to turn your wheel to the left or right and then ease forward. THe locker teeth have to mesh up, so if they aren't perfectly aligned it won't lock, just turn a little so one tire turns faster and you will hear it clunk in, and the light will stop flashing. If it's blinkin' it's thinkin' -

·
Registered
68 Posts
From what I remember you have to be stopped (preferably), or going less than 5mph. Also, it automatically disengages if you start going above 5mph.

I don't have one myself... but that's what I gleaned from the manual.

·
Registered
417 Posts
have to be stoped then put it in 4lo drive slow till you here it lock and the light will go solid i did the mod where it disables the 4lo feature so you can lock it when you want and it wont unlock past 5mph for the tacoma its called the grey wire mod

·
Registered
457 Posts
and don't put the power to her until the light stops blinking and it all meshed up right.

depending on the use of the truck , some of the lockers don't get used much, but I think it's a good idea to put it in 4wd and use the locker once a month or so just to keep evrything working good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts