Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have 99 RX 300 2WD. Bought rear rotors and pads from Lexus dealer. Did not purchase the shoes because I did not expect to have both shoes and pads on the back. My problem was when I installed rear rotors. The rotor fit perfect but after putting the tire and 5 lug nuts the wheel is locked. The old rotor is little bit more machined on the back and the new rotor is touching the backplate and it will notmove at all. After removing new rotor and installing old one back it is OK. Went back to dealer and they told me that rotor should fit fine and there were no midification on that model. They said I may have Toyota rotor. Did anyone have this problem?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
There may be a difference between the AWD and 2WD rear rotors. If you still have the boxes,ask the dealer for the 2WD part # and compare it to the ones you have.
Did you adjust the parking brake shoes? They may need to be backed down a bit since the inside diameter of the rotors will be smaller than the originals.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The rotors are for 2wd, once for 4 wd are completely different. The shoe are not the problem, I can put the rotor easy and move around. The problem is when I put the wheel and wheel nuts, it press the disc against the back plate!

·
Retired Contributor
2010 Tundra/2015 4 Runner/2007 Prius
5,942 Posts
Do the NEW rotors match the OLD rotors?
Are they IDENTICAL? Height? Width? Size?

If they dont look the same, then your LEXUS DEALER Fubard, or they were boxed wrong.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dealer pulled another box, same brakes. There is only the difference on the groove on the back and my original is machined more so it does not touch back plate. Dealer thinks that I may have toyota brakes???

1 - 5 of 5 Posts