Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have Bilstein 5100's and OME 2862's, I hate the rear sag when I have the trunk and roof loaded up.
Has anybody used SumoSpring Coils or Timbren SES's with this set up to prevent the sag? I have the 5100's up front on the highest setting, so any slight sag rakes it.
My 4yr old daughter also moved to the 3rd row and I now have a Plano Field Locker on the roof to clear all the trunk gear so looking for some suggestions.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Upgrade your shocks. I currently running 2862 paired with ome 60020L shocks. With this set up while towing my 19.5ft boat, loaded with people and gears it sag guessing no more that a inch. The down side is a firmer ride. What shocks are you currently running?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Upgrade your shocks. I currently running 2862 paired with ome 60020L shocks. With this set up while towing my 19.5ft boat, loaded with people and gears it sag guessing no more that a inch. The down side is a firmer ride. What shocks are you currently running?
I have Bilstein 5100's (FJ)

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have sumo springs on my Tundra, and have installed them on an F150 that tows as well. My Tundra has Bilstein 5100's that are set to level on the front. Both vehicles do not sag under load anymore. Sumo springs have no air hoses to leak and come in different load capacities. Springs and supplemental springs (like airbags or sumo springs) carry load, shocks control suspension movement.

Ride quality with Sumos is not harsh.

Hope this helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
BDiefAZ
Toyota Tundra Forums
Tundra Solutions Forum - the best community to talk, mods, price, repair and research your Toyota!
Full Forum Listing