Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to do the rear suspenion on my truck like replace springs with some deaver long tavel springs but would like susgestions on what shocks to run with them and also if anyone has heard of another sping that works good

·
Registered
469 Posts
Most people love the 5125 Bilsteins. I ran those on my 02 Tacoma with 2" shackles. They also look really good too. The part number for my shocks were BE5-6253-H5. They are listed as 8.5" of travel. How much do you plan on lifting the rear?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I plan on lifting it only an inch or so i really want to keep that prerunner look. where did you get the shackles and did they add any travel to the rear. how do the shocks perform i was looking at some remote resivoir shocks from donahoe raceing

·
Registered
469 Posts
Well I got the shackles from Cornfed suspensions back in 2004, but I'm not sure if they are still in buisness. It took them nearly 3 months just to get the shackles to me, but they made up for it by charging me only $35 shipped to Hawaii.:D They lifted the rear 2" which is why I had to get longer shocks. The Bilsteins performed great for the price = $160 for the pair. You can get better shocks like the donahoes that you mentioned and of course they will perform much better. Another shock that I looked into getting was the Bilstein 7100 w/ resorvoir. They come in many different valvings and lengths. They would have been a bit more expensive, about $350 for the pair.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts