Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
its been discussed. they arent anywhere near the same so it aint gonna work. different materials different ways of assembly etc. if u want to do smething like that get them tinted via a paint shop or the spray on tint stuff that generally doesnt look real good or the stick on vinyl stuff. and dont drive in front of me i dont want to hit you because i didnt see your lights heehe.

·
Registered
375 Posts
yea i also read that its really not that possible with the tail lights. they are 10 times harder to get open then the headlights. your better off buying aftermarket ones of gettin them tinted like whiteSR5 said.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
but if ur needing/wanting new ones anywya u gots to go with some LED ones....

·
Registered
229 Posts
Take it from me, painting the inside is NOT an option as I melted the hell out of one and it would not open. The fronts have a caulk like adhesive and the rears have a superglue type adhesive!

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Take it from me, painting the inside is NOT an option as I melted the hell out of one and it would not open. The fronts have a caulk like adhesive and the rears have a superglue type adhesive!

hahaha - don't feel like the lone ranger. back when I did my headlites, I thought I was gonna be the first to show of my blacked out tailites and stuck one in the oven. Boy, was I wrong!

·
Registered
753 Posts
x2 on paint

·
Registered
753 Posts
x2 on paint

·
Rut Ro!
4,269 Posts
You will have to cut the OEM tails open to get into them..But on the aftermarket Longo ones you can get into them..Dez did it on on TG forums and mine are in the process of being color matched. Had a few hurdles with the guy helping me with them being sick..So they should be done and back on the truck this Tuesday I am hoping.

Longo Tail Light BTLM! - Tundra Geeks :: The Toyota Tundra Enthusiast Forum

His end result..He dropped this one, and you can see it on the edge.

Mine are below...Longo LED Stock on left...Color matched on right with all chrome painted.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
I love my painted tails. They look great after a little buffing to shine them up a bit.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts