Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 limited Sequoia. I have been wanting a newer model (2007) for sometime. I like the smaller size not the newer suburban 2008 and up models. Now I have decided to keep the 2001 for awhile. It has 178K but nothing is wrong with it. Now for the question. I am looking for a rear view camera. Eclipse used to have a plug and play model BEC 105. I began looking for this model and found out eclipse is out of business. Does anyone know of a plug and play rear view camera? I have the factory Toyota NAV(2007 camry model) that I installed on the 01. Or do I just buy a rear view camera and also buy the factory plug to install it with. Help. please.

JMAn

·
Registered
102 Posts
I am in the same boat as you. I have a 2007 Limited Sequoia and am trying to find a plug-n-play rear view camera to work the the factory Toyota Navigation Head Unit but with no success. Hopefully someone out there can help us out.

-Ryan

·
Registered
102 Posts
I did a little more research and came across a possible solution. The Eclipse BEC-104/105/106 Back-Eye Vehicle Rear-View Cameras are all plug-n-play units that work 100% with the E7006 Navigation unit (aka 4th Generation Toyota unit). However, all three models have been discontinued. I have not been able to find the 104 or 105 cameras for sale but I did come across a brand new in box 106 camera on Ebay that I just purchased.

-Ryan

·
Registered
105 Posts
Ryan,

Did you get the camera installed? Did it work?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TRD, I was bidding on the same camera on ebay too. I found a bec 106 on line for $250. Before eclipse went out of business you could buy the same for $140. I am still looking.
I call eclipse and they told me that the bec 106 was a plug and play.

JMan

·
Registered
102 Posts
Ryan,

Did you get the camera installed? Did it work?
I finally got around to installing the camera and it works perfect (plug and play). I mounted the camera to the right of the license plate (as you are looking at the back of the vehicle) and am able to see the edge of my bumper. As soon as I put the vehicle in reverse, the camera image pops up on the factory navigation screen, and turns off as soon as I take it out of reverse. I wanted to mount it right above the center of the license plate but the damn handle to open the rear gate is there....oh well. Something is better than nothing.

-Ryan

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
I was in the same situation a while back when I needed to replace my old BEC camera. You simply cannot find the BEC cameras anywhere, and if you do, the bring a hefty premioum.

I went this route:
http://www.boyovta.com/products/vtl200.html

It is a far better camera than the Eclipse BEC cameras and is a much better look IMHO.
Since I already had the wiring from my old BEC camera, this was a pretty simple install, with the exception of the power source for the new camera. Eclipse, in their infinite wisdom, uses a 6 volt power supply for the BEC cameras, while almost every other camera on the planet is 12 volt. So I simply had to provide a 12V power source and connect the video wiring from the old connector to the new camera. Simple as that.

·
Registered
71 Posts
This may help too. ;)

Steve's Sequoia

I bought mine on Ebay for $70 bucks and haven't had the chance to install it yet.

Any good write up on taking a Limited Dash out (i.e climate control different than non Limited).

·
Registered
102 Posts
Any good write up on taking a Limited Dash out (i.e climate control different than non Limited).
Are you asking about how to remove the plastic/wood grain surround that houses the climate control equipment from around the headunit? If you are, then it is very easy. There is a screw in each of the vents (two total) and then the surround just pops off (only held on with clips once the screws are removed). Hope this helps.

-Ryan

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi all. I recently installed this camera in my 4 runner. http://www.amazon.com/Audiovox-ACA250-Wireless-Vehicle-Observation/dp/B001A1U55I
I was jealous of my wifes Sienna rear view camera. The audiovox is a wireless system and works great. I stealth installed the lcd into my overhead sunglasses holder. The camera fits over the license plate frame. The power to the camera is from the rear license plate lights. It worked perfectly. I do have the stock Nav system and the BEC camera would be an instant fit but the cheapest BEC on ebay is 170bucks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts