Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed when my rear window is lowered and I raise it, on the way up it stops about midway. If I release the button and press it again, it will than go all the way up. Is this normal or is there a problem? It is an '06 DC with4500 miles on it. Thanks

·
Registered
299 Posts
There is actually a mod to eliminate that if you search around on here.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was informed during the purchasing process that it was a safety feature with the intention of preventing body parts from being accidently caught while the driver raises the window.

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
it is a safty feature and if you remove the back wall panel (plastic). Then remove the 10-12 bolts holding the Metal plate on the back wall you will see a small wire on the left side of the window regulator. Simply unplug it zip tie it out of the way and the window will go all the way up without stopping. AND you could always plug it back in if you wanted it to stop again.

I did it and love it.

·
Registered
919 Posts
it is a safty feature and if you remove the back wall panel (plastic). Then remove the 10-12 bolts holding the Metal plate on the back wall you will see a small wire on the left side of the window regulator. Simply unplug it zip tie it out of the way and the window will go all the way up without stopping. AND you could always plug it back in if you wanted it to stop again.

I did it and love it.
Now you tell me, I should have did that while I was back there messin w/ the jbl amp

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
Now you tell me, I should have did that while I was back there messin w/ the jbl amp
Yeah I have had the smae thing apart multiple times in my truck as well. First I add a stereo. Then pull stereo to add SWI-X, Then pull stereo to add TV inputs. Then pull stereo to hide an FM modulator behind it. Would be easier to just buy everything and do it all at once but?? At least you have something to do now.:D

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
here is what i have gotten awhile back. someone else posted this, i just kept it.

Rear Window
Fold the back seats for access to the back panel. The two middle "flower" type buttons pull out. Takes a strong pull. Unscrew all the screws around the panel. Pull it away.
Near the upper middle left you will see a switch with a plug on it. That’s the relay to stop the window. Unplug it and try the window. It should now go all the way up and down without the stop. Put everything back. I looked at my pics and it's the white connector with yellow/blue wires connected to a switch. Unplug that and you'll be set.

Once you get the plastic cover off, there's a plate covering the opening. It’s about 10 bolts I think. One is hidden near the bottom right corner by the amp. Once that is off you should clearly see the switch. I think it was possible to cut the wire without pulling the panel, but this way you could put it back to factory any time.

it was pretty simple. spent most of the time trying to get that flower type clip out, what a pain...:rolleyes:

·
Read Only
29 Posts

I did it and love it.
Thanks man. I did it late last night with barely any lights and it was the SIMPLEST thing ever to do. Just unplug the shotgun barrel looking white connector and tie it up so it won't rattle. AWESOME. I feel I just bought a new truck! Annoying thing went away finally!.
:D:D:D

·
Registered
919 Posts
Yeah I have had the smae thing apart multiple times in my truck as well. First I add a stereo. Then pull stereo to add SWI-X, Then pull stereo to add TV inputs. Then pull stereo to hide an FM modulator behind it. Would be easier to just buy everything and do it all at once but?? At least you have something to do now.:D
Ya, true dat. I had to buy a antenna that sticks on behind the rearview mirror on the inside of the windsheild like a sticker, because I did'nt want to drill a hole in the glass fenders. So now I have to pull the stereo just to put in a antenna, might as well do the rear window mod while Im at it.

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
Ya, true dat. I had to buy a antenna that sticks on behind the rearview mirror on the inside of the windsheild like a sticker, because I did'nt want to drill a hole in the glass fenders. So now I have to pull the stereo just to put in a antenna, might as well do the rear window mod while Im at it.
A LOT of people just lay yhe antenna up in side the fender and zip tie it to the fenderwell. BUT I heard FM waves travel horizantally so reception would not be to good. I just put the antenna right along the pillar on the passenger side in side the cab. I zip tied it to the roll cage.

·
Registered
919 Posts
A LOT of people just lay yhe antenna up in side the fender and zip tie it to the fenderwell. BUT I heard FM waves travel horizantally so reception would not be to good. I just put the antenna right along the pillar on the passenger side in side the cab. I zip tied it to the roll cage.
Ya, I thought about that, but at the time I was doing my fenders the antenna was in the way and there was no way of disconnecting it other than pulling the whole stereo & unpluging it. So I cut it:eek: , at the time the antenna was much less important than my fenders...lol

I'll let you know how this new sticker antenna works, Im getting it installed today.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts