Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New since my last look at NHTSA's Office of Defect Investigation web site, various 2001 - 2002 and 2004 - 2007 Sequoias and 4.7L VSC-equipped 2006 Tundra DCs (see RCDNN-07E023-8815.pdf for specifics) are being recalled due to leaking brake master cylinders manufactured by Cardone Industries.

Hadn't seen it mentioned here yet and following a quick check, didn't find it elsewhere on TS, either. Thought y'all might want to know.

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
The recall is for an aftermarket replacement brake master cylinder manufactured by Cardone - not the OEM brake master cylinder.

Rick

edited by poster to remove unnecessarily rude reply

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is not a vehicle recall. The brake master cylinders are not OEM parts, they are replacement parts made by Cardone.
This part of your post and some additional reading of the linked document helps clarify some of the questions I'd formed while initially skimming over the document. Note, however, that I did not say in my post that it was a recall being conducted by Toyota, although I understand how a reader might arrive at that conclusion. Since the search surprised me to find the new reference to a recall that wasn't there before, in my hasty attempt to be helpful to others here, I apparently jumped the gun.

Now unless I'm wrong yet again, IMO this is where you could've ended your reply. However, as worded,
Do you not understand how to interpret these recall notices?

Rick
comes across as more demeaning than an offer to enlighten. I'm not infallible, so if I've also misinterpreted yet another bit of written cmmunication today, please feel free to explain further. I'm always willing to learn from others who care to share their knowledge in a considerate fashion.

Otherwise, rather than have a misleading/misinformed thread hanging around, I'd ask that one of the mods simply delete the thread.

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
You guys are right. I could and should have worded my reply differently. I apologize for the rudeness of my statement. There's no excuse for that type of posting. Again I apologize.

Rick

·
Registered
19 Posts
You guys are right. I could and should have worded my reply differently. I apologize for the rudeness of my statement. There's no excuse for that type of posting. Again I apologize.

Rick
You my friend are a big man. :tu:

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The recall is for an aftermarket replacement brake master cylinder . . . not the OEM brake master cylinder.
Between rlehan's clarification and what the document says, I'd say you're probably OK unless you've replaced the master cylinder since getting the truck. If so, any loss of fluid probably bears further investigation.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Between rlehan's clarification and what the document says, I'd say you're probably OK unless you've replaced the master cylinder since getting the truck. If so, any loss of fluid probably bears further investigation.

My 06 Tundra has less than 10k miles.......does this mean I'm good?:eek:

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
...does this mean I'm good?:eek:
Of all the possible answers that come to mind :devil:, I'll leave that response to others--but there's nothing you've described that'd make me concerned about your Tundra. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts