Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to Toyota to ask about the recall and was told the part was on back order and that no one had any idea when the parts would come it. Infact, on service manager said it’s going to be awhile before anything comes in. Soon after that another service managers took me to the parts counter and told the parts guy to order the recall part for me. Believe it or not in two days my part was in.

Maybe actually ordering the part is key. I have heard of some are just waiting for a load of parts to come in.

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
My dealer called a month ago to schedule an appointment then realized they had no parts (balljoints). They fixed it today, and said that parts were still an issue and they have about 300 more to fix!!!!

I can't tell anything was done, so I guess that is a good thing. The tech said he hasn't seen a loose/wore one yet.

Joe

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
My dealer called a month ago to schedule an appointment then realized they had no parts (balljoints). They fixed it today, and said that parts were still an issue and they have about 300 more to fix!!!!

I can't tell anything was done, so I guess that is a good thing. The tech said he hasn't seen a loose/wore one yet.

Joe
Maybe nothing was done? i would scribe a mark on lower portion of installed BJ's and when ya go back to pick up truck just look at scribe marks!! nothing bigjust big enough to stay on them till ya check them !! i have caught dealers doing this and no it is not wide spread and they try to play it off on miss communication BS!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
It took two weeks for the parts to get to my servicing dealer in Spokane. The truck was fixed last week, I could tell the steering was a bit tighter. The service guy said they hadn't found a bad one yet and they had done about 24 with the slow parts availability.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
My issue is back in 05 they had the same recall and why is it this issue is still poking its head up again and no one wants to say why it is here again?

·
Registered
162 Posts
I called my dealership on wednesday about the recall. The service advisor researched my vin# and told me that I needed to come in for the recall. They also said that the parts are in stock. I was surprized. I still have not recieved a letter from Toyota and I have an 04 Double Cab. Anyhow, I scheduled my truck to be serviced on April Second. I am wondering if they will do a full four wheel alignment or just a two wheel alignment. Has anyone had theirs done yet, and if so, which alignment did they perform?

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
no adjustments on rear of Tundra, they gave me a PC print out for my records cause i asked for one with the before R/R of ball joint alignment specs and same print out has after R/R alignment specs.no problems with work and dealer did great job of taking care of me, took me home and come back and got me !! Taking 93 in soon for PS Pump, Timing Belt, Water Pump, and all associated idlers seals and hoses gotta get ready for Turkey season and my old hunting truck has only 235K on it and needs love$$$$

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had mine done last week as well and noticed my steering was tighter than before. The tech told me that the recall was due to noise and squeaking in the ball joints and that he hadn't heard of a single customer coming in yet with that complaint before the recall. Oh, and they didn't tell me if the alignment was 2 or 4 wheel. They just said they aligned it. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
i read on the pc today that the recall was due to incidental deteriotarion if internal lubrication to ball joint!!

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
I had mine done today. I didnt get the notice from Toyota but when I went in for an oil change, dealership offered to fix it for me. They even gave me a free rental car for 24 hours, and gave me 2 admission tickets to Long Beach Grandprix. Talk about awesome! They had the parts in stock too. (But then this is one of the largest Toyota dealership in the US.)

They did the front wheel alignment as part of the recall, again no charge for this.

As people stated, steering does seem a lot stiffer now.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Had mine done today and when I picked it up I had my creeper on hand and laid down and got under and inspected right there on the service drive before acceptin the truck. I checked the new parts and they were all shinny and new as well as the cotter pins were in place. Also I checked the CV boots on the 4 WD shafts to see they were not damaged. My dealer also gave me a 24hr. loaner at a discounted price and all seems to be fine. I did order the parts instead of waiting for the letter and they came in 2 days after ordered. Steering is tighter and more responsive and they did do a front alingment at no charge.

i

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Check wheel lugs for proper torque !! they used air gun and maxed mine out past 150 Ft Lbs!! proper torque setting 83Ft Lbsfor 06 D/C!! I do my own tire rotations and purchased a sears torque wrench last year and 150 Ft Lb is highest torque setting on wrench and i tried from 85 to 150 and not a lugnut one moved!! they did do good job on BJ's but since they have had so much practice from the 05 TSB they should be good at it!! I find it hard to believe lubrication or lack of is the cause of this problem!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts