Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just went and got my gas pedal recall done. Dealership threw in a $25 gift certificate towards any service or accessory purchase, a cheesy throw blanket with the dealers name on it along with a Car Fax report and a letter from the president of the dealership.

Not a lot but i thought it was a nice gesture.

·
Registered
5 Posts
That's more than I got... all I got was a cup of coffee and a car wash.... and a couple scratches from when they dried it off with the towel that must have been laying on the ground.

I wasn't happy with my pedal after they installed the chicklett thing. the pedal had a totally different feel and was hard to keep at a steady speed around town on bumpy roads. I took it right back and they ordered me a new pedal. Had the new pedal installed last week and everything is good now. I was told by the service manager that I was the first one to complain about the "fix"... I find that hard to believe...

·
Registered
55 Posts
They are supposedly ordering me a pedal as well. I was told the exact same thing. First person to complain. I'm still waiting for my pedal. The service adviser has never got back to me. I called and they routed me to the parts department, who told me they have 30 on order and there are none in the U.S. So I guess all those complainers came in after me....

I'm starting to really get p###ed at Toyota!

Back on topic: The only thing my dealership gave me was a car wash and a terrible pedal!

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Free 28 point inspection.:rolleyes: Whatever that is.
They did not even bother to follow up if it was good or bad:sad3d:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Had the recall done about two weeks ago. The dealer did not offer anything. I did not like the feel of the pedal after the recall. The pedal was way too soft, no resistance. Also, when I pressed on the the pedal I could press down about an inch before it would go. I called the dealer and complained and had a new pedal installed in less than a week.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
HonkyTonk - It was brand new when I got it.

They did wash it also...but it is their policy to wash every vehicle that is in for service.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hmmm....

I got 2 hours of waiting in the lounge when I was supposed to be on the fist shuttle... ended up missing a meeting because of it. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Wouldn't touch the techstream to change the recirculating air that I wanted changed. They said; "We wouldn't know how to change that..." and that is a quote!!! :td: :mad: :eek:

They always do a free wash and will get another today when my '08 goes in for the sinking dash.

C

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
A CarFax report for a vehicle you bought new? I hope it did not have anything on it that you did not know about!:p

I got the pedal recall notice a month ago and have been putting off going in since I really don't want it modified. But if they are willing to replace it if I don't like it, that helps.

Never had them give me anything when the truck is in for warranty work, but never had it in for recall so...

·
Registered
383 Posts
Had the shim fix done, complained of no resistance on pedal, now have new pedal assembly and it's much better. Dealership gave me a free oil chance coupon good for 1 year.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Nothing here - but I also do not like the feel of the fix and will request a new pedal next time.

I am actually glad they do not wash the car -my BMW dealer does that for free and leaves plenty of scratches on it.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Just had my pedal replaced and i had to fight just to get them to turn off seatbelt chimes for free didn't even bother with the zero point cal because the guy said they would have to test drive it until they could duplicate so I said don't bother with it. I hate people driving my truck I don't know especially trying to get it to throw VSC. Lol

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Only thing I can think of with the car fax report is if you never saw one (like me) it is actually pretty cool. Has all the dates and miles of services on it along with title date, when it was registered and alot of other stuff....It is no use to me at this time but pretty informative.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I recieved the complimentary free car wash!!!! :D A 28 point inspection. A coupon for 10% off the next service and a coffee mug with dealer name on it :rolleyes: Job took around 45 mins to complete. the fastest ive been in and out of the dealership and thats countin oil changes which have taken over an hour before to complete. so ill give them :first: just this once

·
Registered
63 Posts
I got absolustely nothing from my dealership. I dropped my tundra off on a friday morning and picked it up that afternoon. The truck drives horribly. I have the same issue that a lot of you guys are having. I took it in yesterday and test drove 2 new tundras with three different people and they all say I'm the only one to complain about it and they can't feel a difference. I have a feeling I'm about to get the run around here. Does anyone know where I can find a copy of the official recall notice for the reinforcement bar? I plan on printing this thread and the other about the pedal recall along with the recall notice (if I can find it) and taking it right into the dealership to show them that I'm not the only one. Someone mentioned that the recall notice says if you are not satisfied with the "fix" that they will install a new pedal. I asked about this option and got nowhere....big shocker.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts