Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Received a "Non-Compliance" Capacity Recall Notice... IMO dumbest recall of all time

So I get another one of those big bold RED RECALL letter envelopes from Toyota yesterday and I immediately think "I've already had the shim done and the entire pedal replaced, stop mailing me". Without fail I've read about the recalls in the news or on forums before I get them from Toyota, but not this time.

It takes me a couple of reads of the recall notice to figure out what the recall is for and what I have to do.... the Cliffs notes version is that when Southeast Toyota added options to my truck in the vehicle processing center, they didn't account for the weight of those options on the 'load carrying capacity' stickers on the door jamb.

So to bring my Tundra into compliance, SE Toyota send a bright yellow sticker I'm supposed to put onto the door jamb that says

CAUTION: LOAD CARRYING CAPACITY REDUCED
Modifications to this vehicle have reduced the original load carrying capacity by:
1 kg or 2lbs
They apologized for any inconvenience this condition may have caused me.

I know Toyota has to be extra sensitive with any possible non-compliance issue right now, but 2 lbs? That's water weight from my morning pee.

Anybody else get this notice? Searched and couldn't find any posts about it.

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
Re: Received a "Non-Compliance" Capacity Recall Notice... IMO dumbest recall of all t

No notice just a new sticker on the door jam letting me know that I can't haul 3 pounds.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Re: Received a "Non-Compliance" Capacity Recall Notice... IMO dumbest recall of all t

i work at a toyota dealership,and my techs put it on with out me knowing,its a pain in the a$$ to scrap off.lol

·
Registered
7,461 Posts

now thats just dumb. but i think it was mentioned once before. i'll probally get one too....i'll file it with the other recall letters i havent had done yet haha

·
Don't argue with an insomniac.
5,569 Posts

It will go good with the sticker I put on which reads "This vehicle is not to exceed 8,500lbs GVW". I will now change it to "8,498lbs"

·
Registered
122 Posts

My 2010 had that sticker from the factory but it drecreased by 17lbs. not 2.

·
Registered
37 Posts

davegs4... Nice to see a fellow club lexus member here..

·
Registered
175 Posts

I got one a while ago, I think 7lbs on mine. I remember seeing a thread about it.

I got another red letter in the mail the other day...I haven't opened it yet because I thought since I haven't had my pedal replaced yet, it was a reminder about the recall. Now I'm curious, I guess I'll need to open it.

·
Registered
422 Posts

mine was -16 lbs.

·
Registered
374 Posts

It will go good with the sticker I put on which reads "This vehicle is not to exceed 8,500lbs GVW". I will now change it to "8,498lbs"
The GVW doesn't change... just the curb weight went up.

Seems to me that you can put in an extra liter just when you top off the gas tank by pulling the trigger over and over. Better watch out, you might break the springs!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Re:Overregulation

Welcome to the New Millennium. Government interference where none is needed and too little involvement(IMHO) in the Gulf!

·
Registered
1,083 Posts

So you know what's next...when you get inspected the sticker police are going to go over you ride and give you a ticket when you haven't put one of these on.

And a pint = 1 lb, not a quart.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts

LOL That's funny.

·
Registered
655 Posts

i just double checked my sticker,and i lost 328 pounds.lol,what BS.

·
Banned
444 Posts

I got a 42lb and a 16lb i think the second one was 16.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts

Got mine...zero lbs. More government idioticy. Please vote for ANYONE but the incumbent in November. And Newt Gingrich in 2012. This sort of sh!t he hates. He wants to shrink gov't.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts