Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

Today i just finished installing the TRD cat back exhaust system on my 06! Installation was very easy and performed right in my driveway. I was on the fence as to what kind of exhaust system i should get. I have read a lot about exhaust on this website trying to determin what i should do. The threads have been very informative. I've read how people loss low end and HP with some custom set ups. I do alot of highway driving and i did not want that annoying cab drone, not to mention i did not want to lose HP and TQ. The TRD system seemed to be the wise choice over a custom set up. Honestly i would not have gotten the TRD system if it was not for my friend who works at a dealership at the parts dept. I got a great deal! It looks nice and i am looking forward to driving it. I havent even been out for a cruise yet! I was a bit surprised when i started it up, i thought it would have been a bit louder. It has a mild tone. Also check out the Truxedo Lo Profile cover i put on about 8 months ago. i finally updated my picture gallery so please check that out! i cannot figure out how to resize my pictures to put into this thread. Click the camera icon next to my name. Thanks for checkin out my truck!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Looks great,
That's one addition I plan on installing on mine also.
Enjoy!!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man. I just got back from ridding around town and i must say that i am more than pleased with this exhaust. I probably put about 25 miles on it today and i like the way it sounds. Its not very loud but it has a nice rumble when your accelerating. when your cruising you can hardly hear it but give it a little gas and it reminds you its there. what i like most about it is that its not abnoixious. i went to dunkin donuts and hung outside drinking an ice coffee and one after another a ford, chevy or dodge would go by making me grimace with loud exhaust. the TRD set up sounds like a well tuned sports car. I cant say that i noticed any increase in power or decrease in low end. All i can say is that i didnt lose any. It could also be to early to tell, give the computer a chance to accomidate the change. Anyways thanks for the compliment! let me know if you have any questions.

·
Supportive Supporter
1,142 Posts
Wow...nice shinny truck!
Way Cool!
How does that bed cover work...is it one piece and lifts or does it roll up or something? :ts:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The bed cover rolls up. Whats nice is that if you lock your tailgate no one can get in unless they cut it with a knife. Its pretty secure the only way to roll it up is by opening the tailgate first and releasing the lever. I love this cover. it has one of the lowest profiles out there for a roll up. very easy and can roll up on one side without the center collapsing. there is a picture in my gallery where you can see it rolled up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts