Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
582 Posts
If you have your 5100 at the lowest setting (bottom notch) with the 3" Toytec spacers you should be fine. You might want to look into the diff. drop if you're 4WD

· Registered
582 Posts
What if he was going from a nonTRD and wanted bilsteins??? This way you get the performance from the shock and the full 3" of lift from the spacer. Its nothing like buying Muds and cutting the lugs off.

As was posted earlier, a coil spacer on top of the adjustable Bilstein 5100s is a bass-ackwards install. It's like buying mudders but cutting the lugs off because you really needed street tires. Just doesn't make a whole lotta sense.

· Registered
582 Posts
So are you saying that putting the 3" spacer on a stock shock is the same as putting it on the 5100's at bottom notch? I'm not trying to say what he did was the best way to lift a truck but it does work. There is no need to change the set up now if its all said and done.

Peterk post some pics when you clean the truck up.

· Registered
582 Posts
That's part of my point. Remember the OP's original intent: lift. I'm also adding that you don't have to have a sub-par setup if you have the 5100s installed. If his intent was to use spacers and not use the adjustable capabilities on the 5100s, why did he pay $200 for them when he could have just replaced the stock shocks with the cheapest Ranchos he could find and then jam the spacers in there?

That's a lazy man's way to look at it. It should be done right. He has already invested the $$$, so he should capture the benefit.

And I'm tired of :deadhorse: I've said all I can here. :usa2:

Sorry all I got from that was:drama::drama::drama::drama::drama::drama::drama::drama::drama::drama::drama::angrywife::angrywife::angrywife::angrywife::angrywife::angrywife::angrywife:5100's:blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah: Daystar 2.5":angrywife::angrywife::angrywife::angrywife::angrywife::angrywife::angrywife::bwaaaaaht::bwaaaaaht::bwaaaaaht::bwaaaaaht::bwaaaaaht::drama::drama::drama::drama::drama:Rancho=Bilstein:angrywife::angrywife::angrywife::angrywife::angrywife::angrywife::angrywife::angrywife::angrywife::angrywife::puke:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.