Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All. Just Got Me A E7006 Without The Disc And Antenna. I Was Wondering What Other Accessories Do I Need To Make This Work? (speed/reverse Sensor?) Also, What Dvd Generation/version Do I Get? where do i run the gps antenna wire and where do i mount it? Can Someone Please Walk Me Thru This...don't Laugh At Me.

Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey All. Just Got Me A E7006 Without The Disc And Antenna. I Was Wondering What Other Accessories Do I Need To Make This Work? (speed/reverse Sensor?) Also, What Dvd Generation/version Do I Get? Can Someone Please Walk Me Thru This...don't Laugh At Me.

Thanks
Which stereo system do you have JBL or premium (non-JBL)?

I just installed the e7006 in my 2005 DC Limited with JBL and it was literally plug and play. The truck was already wired with the speed/reverse sensor. I just had to take the electrical tape off. The voice guidance works without a hitch. I believe the JBL amp is required to make the voice nav work (don't quote me on this).

I don't know which antenna to buy but if i were guessing I would talk to your local eclipse dealer. Fujitsu-Ten makes both Toyota and Eclipse Navis and I bet the Eclipse antenna would work.

Disc version: Version 5.1 allows you to override some of the "safety" features. Version 6.1 has a more up to date database but the ability to override has not yet been discovered (as far as I know).

I also have Rear Seat Entertainment so I found these three posts to be very useful.

Nav Override: Override for navigation system

RSE Input: Aux. input for Navigation+RSE

DVDs on NAV screen while driving: Playing DVD's on Nav. screen

Hope this helps

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
saaa weet! thanks for the help...i'm expecting my navi to arrive shortly. i'll make sure to get the 5.1 disc as well.

i also have a 05 dcab ltd w/rse with the jbl system. i just put the 20'' enkei eagles on it today. will be posting pics later on when i get my navi installed.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Do you mind me asking where you bought this navi from and the wheels? I am wanting to do the same thing to my truck. I have an 04 DC limited with the JBL system. Thanks alot man!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts