Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 Runner Limited V6 with 118,000 miles. The light on the A/C button flashes. Does this mean that I am out of freon?

·
Registered
16 Posts
When you turn on your A/C does it still get cold? I'm a little old school so i'm not really sure on the flashing light... :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No the air does not get cold. The hot weather is on the way. I gotta figure it out real soon. Im assuming that I need freon because I havent had any put in since i bought it in December 02!

·
Registered
16 Posts
it's possible that your out of freon, have it check, you have an 03 so i don't think you would have a leak somewhere, it's just strange for me that you would need to recharge your freon too soon, i know it's a 4 year old vehicle but i'm thinking it should last you more, i had a corolla back then that i had used for 5-6 years before i sold it, A/C on most of the time during summer, never had any problems though.. let me know how it goes when you get it checked

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually I called a friend of mine today to ask him what he thought about the situation. He told me that I shouldnt need freon being that the vehicle is so new. While we were talking I tried the A/C and it started working, blowing cold as usual. Another time my VSC Trac light stayed on and I had the same guy put a serpentine belt on for me and the light mysteriously went away. This guy must have some sort of magic touch. Any more problems that I have I will definitely be giving him a call!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts