Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The current exhaust system is shot. Rusted pipes, broken hangers, at least one of the cats is bad and recently cracked the exhaust pipe in half off-roading. So it is time for a new system. Any recommendations? Would like to get a whole setup not source each part individually. As to the cats, I will probably go with Walker not Toyota due to the cost.

· Registered
14 Posts
The current exhaust system is shot. Rusted pipes, broken hangers, at least one of the cats is bad and recently cracked the exhaust pipe in half off-roading. So it is time for a new system. Any recommendations? Would like to get a whole setup not source each part individually. As to the cats, I will probably go with Walker not Toyota due to the cost.
I have a Flowmaster American Thunder on my first gen Tundra with cats and stock headers and she's mint. I'll link a couple vids of sound from it. I'll post a cold start when I get the chance too.
Some revs

· Registered
4,195 Posts
Theres tons of existing threads on options. Just use the search box and type in something like aftermarket exhaust and filter by your vehicle, 1st gen Sequoia.
And opinions will vary on whats best. Just make sure you get 409 stainless, stay away from aluminized, unless you want it to rot out in 3 years that is. LOL.

Reactions: marksebek

· Registered
1,299 Posts
Walker cats due to your cost mandate.

Best is going to be OEM, obviously. Everything else you should go OEM as its top quality. Resonator, Muffler, and all new gaskets/bolts/etc. I’d also purchase some Permatex High Temp Gasket Maker and have it on Hand when redoing your connections as some of your flanges may be rusted/eaten and need an extra seal maker. Benefits of OEM parts is they’ll all mate right up to your existing hangers. Price might be a little higher in parts, but the end result is not needing to pay a garage labor to fab stuff so you’ll save on that.

· Registered
4,195 Posts
I dont know PHM. I agree, OEM would line up well but I did Magnablow, (no, thats not a typo, lol) on my 05 and MBRP on my 2012. Both fit perfectly and both I installed myself with little effort in my driveway. The Magnablow was 409 and the MBRP was 304 stainless. I only did the MBRP in 304 because it was dual side exit and there was a lot of pipe showing so I didnt want the mild surface rust visible. Both came with lifetime warranty and both quite a bit cheaper than OEM.
If the OP's system is trashed he could take it to a local exhaust shop and have them do the install since they will have all the specialty tools needed if there's any other parts needing to be replaced. If you have a good local shop they usually dont charge a shit ton.

· Registered
2000 Toyota Tundra SR5 V8 access cab 4.7 L
90 Posts
I dont know PHM. I agree, OEM would line up well but I did Magnablow, (no, thats not a typo, lol) on my 05 and MBRP on my 2012. Both fit perfectly and both I installed myself with little effort in my driveway. The Magnablow was 409 and the MBRP was 304 stainless. I only did the MBRP in 304 because it was dual side exit and there was a lot of pipe showing so I didnt want the mild surface rust visible. Both came with lifetime warranty and both quite a bit cheaper than OEM.
If the OP's system is trashed he could take it to a local exhaust shop and have them do the install since they will have all the specialty tools needed if there's any other parts needing to be replaced. If you have a good local shop they usually dont charge a shit ton.
I believe i have a magnablow on mine and is getting pretty much rusty, I eventually would like to replace it with a borla which is a little bit cheaper if everything fits. Don’t know the cost of the OEM.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts