Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my limited 07 DC when I restart the engine the "recycle" button is always on, no matter if it was on fresh when I turned it off. Does anyone else have this problem.

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
The HVAC controls it. When it is ready it should shut off. It goes to recycle, upon warm up and if you sit too long in traffic Once you are moving again for a while, it will shut off.

It is trying to avoid pulling in exhaust fumes and reduce heat up/cool down times.

I don't think of it as a problem, it's kinda smart.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Its a very smart system. It will not blow heat until the engine is warmed up so that way you wont get any cold blasts of air waiting for the engine to get warm. My MINI is the same way....I love auto climate control!

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It does this even if your not in Auto mode.Also when you turn on Auto the A/C comes on....is this right? This is my first Auto climate contol.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I know with her vehicle we can take this to the dealer and they can program it how she wants it configured for auto. For her the ac is on and mode is face/feet and temp is 72.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The auto climate control in our Sequoia drives my wife and I nuts, one of the reasons I ended up with an SR5 when I got the new Tundra. I really like being able to control things myself and not have the car constantly changing settings on me.

Now, if I just didn't have to hit "Accept" on the Nav every time I get in. I realize it's a safety/liability thing but common...just make me sign a paper when I buy the truck and be done with it.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, I don`t much like it either,it has got a mind of it`s own or at least the mind of who programed the computer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Another quick question on automatic A/C. When in Auto mode, do I really have to turn the A/C on or off myself? This seems like a flaw. If the system is smart enough to control the fan, the vents, and the recirculation mode, why can’t it know to turn the A/C on to cool the truck, or off if it needs to heat? Is this the way it works, or is my new truck broken?

·
Registered
143 Posts
I hate it also, it is the default for certain settings. You can change it, if you do a search, someone posted how to do it, the problem is it requires a special peice of equipment that plugs into the truck.

·
Premium Member
1,716 Posts
The auto climate control in our Sequoia drives my wife and I nuts, one of the reasons I ended up with an SR5 when I got the new Tundra. I really like being able to control things myself and not have the car constantly changing settings on me.
Even with an SR5, did you notice that the fresh air comes on automatically when the temp is below 50F?

I really don't understand this "feature", when it's cold and I don't want to be cold, I close the vents, putting it into recirc is the only way to really shut them. After about 5min or so it will open up the fresh air again. And, yes I've tried holding the button down, it doesn't work.

If there is one thing that I don't like about my truck, that is it. Kind of a minor annoyance considering the complaining that a lot of others do about theirs.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Even with an SR5, did you notice that the fresh air comes on automatically when the temp is below 50F?

I really don't understand this "feature", when it's cold and I don't want to be cold, I close the vents, putting it into recirc is the only way to really shut them. After about 5min or so it will open up the fresh air again. And, yes I've tried holding the button down, it doesn't work.

If there is one thing that I don't like about my truck, that is it. Kind of a minor annoyance considering the complaining that a lot of others do about theirs.
Glad to hear I'm not the only one that hates it when the vents open automatically. I push the recirc button with the AC off so there is no air movement. Five minutes later the light goes off and the vents open pumping cooler outside air on me. Then I have to start adjusting the temperature knob in order to stop the cool draft. I don't like the feeling of warm air unless absolutely necessary. All I want is the air off and all vents closed. My 2006 was like that. Why change it?!?!? I really hate manual controls that make some of the decisions for me.

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
Print this, take it to your dealer, and have them shut off the feature...it's one of the 1st things I did.

Now send beer.:nod:

Attachments

·
Registered
178 Posts
It does this even if your not in Auto mode.Also when you turn on Auto the A/C comes on....is this right? This is my first Auto climate contol.
The light being on doesn't actually mean that the A/C compressor is running, just that it's available if the system deems it necessary. It won't run when it's cold out, and it will come on at times you don't realize you need it like when you're defogging windows.

Not aimed at you, but I've always found it curious how people get a car with climate control and then complain that they can't control everything manually. It's like buying a vehicle with EFI and then complaining there's no choke.

I don't have climate control in my Tundra, but do in both of our other vehicles, and I find having to manually set stuff in the Tundra to be a PITA. In the other cars, I just adjust temperature up and down and don't even mess with anything else.

·
Premium Member
1,716 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
I'll hold back on the beer as this only applies to Limiteds. :) Though I haven't tried it myself, I remember reading a thread a while back about it.

OK found the thread. No wonder I remember it, I started the thread.
http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/tundra/118606

asianflava,
The link to the thread isn't working for me. I have the AC with manual controls. Is there a fix mentioned on the thread for eliminating the vents opening automatically 5 minutes after you push the recirc button?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts