Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I like the red rock on silver!

Just a shame about the new Platinum having the same bumpers as the SR5.

·
NASH
3,634 Posts
I really wish I would have waited and ordered my Crewmax in red rock.

In Texas, rebates on the new Tundras are at 4,000 bucks. I'm tempted to move up to a 4wd model before I move up north.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts

·
Resident Curmudgeon
5,211 Posts
I really wish I would have waited and ordered my Crewmax in red rock.

In Texas, rebates on the new Tundras are at 4,000 bucks. I'm tempted to move up to a 4wd model before I move up north.
Might even get better as Mr 'yoda goes back to Japan, licks his wounds and collects his thoughts.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
Found these at the Toyota site...

I like the color myself but they didn't let me pick it with the Blue Steak exterior color I wanted.
well that for one thing is a great thing. blue with red rock would look awful.

i like the red rock interior, hate the half azz wood trim on the doors. whats the point?

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't mind the wood trim at all. Looks nice with the red rock, and there isn't too much of it. My only complaint is that it should be on the steering wheel too.

Rebates are only $2,000 here...

·
Resident Curmudgeon
5,211 Posts
Yup, the wood trim, is an effort to make it not look like every other Tundra.

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I understand the technicality and actual cheapness of the material. But for purposes of discussion on this board, "wood" will suffice. :)

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Found these at the Toyota site...

I like the color myself but they didn't let me pick it with the Blue Steak exterior color I wanted.

I don't mean to offend anybody but this looks like chit. What is that hideous color of the glove box? Its diff than the butterscotch colored seats. And the combination of those with the rotted-flesh-grey dash makes me want to hurl. Surely, SURELY, the friggin engineers at Toyota aren't as color blind as this indicates. It just has to be a bad photo. Does anyone think this looks good? ANYONE??? Its just nasty. And as soon as it warms up my rig is getting painted - the grey is depressing to look at.

·
Registered
860 Posts
The colors in the photo are pretty much spot on. When I first started looking at Tundras in 2007 the photos on their website of this interior made it look really red and I thought it looked great with the right color truck. It took months before I saw one in person then I was all - OMG that's awful. I think the concept is baseball glove leather. Audi TT's had a good version of this. This leather might be okay with a brown/tan interior, but I'm not sure if they do that combo.

Hell I've got gray leather, with gray/black plastic, carpet, headliner etc, then stupid fake wood door handles and stickshift? WTF?

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I don't mean to offend anybody but this looks like chit. What is that hideous color of the glove box? Its diff than the butterscotch colored seats. And the combination of those with the rotted-flesh-grey dash makes me want to hurl. Surely, SURELY, the friggin engineers at Toyota aren't as color blind as this indicates. It just has to be a bad photo. Does anyone think this looks good? ANYONE??? Its just nasty. And as soon as it warms up my rig is getting painted - the grey is depressing to look at.
Yes, I like it.

I've had both the graphite and the sand beige, and they are much worse than this. At least this is getting closer to luxurious. The gray looks like a work truck bottom-of-the-line cockpit, and the sand beige is a hot mess of browns and tans that look like warmed over excretement.

I'd never paint the interior of these trucks. Too much money spent to spray bomb it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I don't know that might be OK for some people. I know that I can't go with leather because my dogs would believe I bought a giant chew toy for them. Besides we use our truck for skiing, hunting and fishing. Dirt, wet, more dirt then I'm home cleaning like a chimney sweeps wife. We go with cloth and then get seat covers and good quality floor mats that catch dirt and water not drool it off on the carpeting.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Luxurious? Getting close?? Oh man, I feel a little sorry for you. And the grey and sand beige color you mentioned are just as bad.

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I agree, leather is not for everyone. I do like that it cleans up easily, and I did get floor liners to protect the carpet! Didn't like them at first since I prefer my interiors to be very plush, but they are convenient and useful.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts