Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was just announced on the news that GM will offer a 60 days .. no questions asked .. refund if you do not like your new GM vehicle. ... :confused:

I just googled it and found this just posted link --> The Associated Press: GM offers refund to car buyers to win them back

Wow, I wonder if Ford and Chrysler will follow and here go our tax dollars again. ... :eek:

I would bet that the stipulations will firm up later on this program.

SOS

·
Admin from Hell
13,116 Posts
Hey, that's cool. Buy a minvan, take the family on a vacation, then take it back. Cheaper than a rental.

·
Premium Member
7,921 Posts
Cool. I need a plow truck - better than a lease. I will get one end of November - beat the sh!t out of it, take it back, and tell them I am unhappy with their product.

Great deal.

·
Admin from Hell
13,116 Posts
Why would you return that one.

I bet that it discludes corvettes and the like. Used to be that those employee pricing promotions excluded the really cool vehicules.
This from the article that SOS linked to:

"GM will allow customers who purchase a new vehicle starting next Monday through Nov. 30 to return it, no questions asked, for a full refund within 31 to 60 days from the date of purchase. The vehicles must not have more than 4,000 miles on them and the drivers must be current on their payments. Cars will also be under GM's 100,000-mile five-year powertrain warranty.

The offer applies to brands such as Chevrolet, GMAC, Buick and Cadillac. The Pontiac brand, which GM is phasing out, is not eligible. Leased vehicles are also ineligible."

It doesn't explicitly say that Corvettes are excluded. FWIW.

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
The big problem with that is that you would have to BUY and DRIVE a gm vehicle. That is enough to make it not worth my time. Most people would probably trade their vehicle and it would be gone. So you would have no money and no car

·
Admin from Hell
13,116 Posts
If you trade in a car to buy a GM one and then take it back, do you get your old car returned to you? And do you get reimbursed for the interest you paid on your car loan?

·
Registered
889 Posts
...And do you get reimbursed for the interest you paid on your car loan?
That was my questions too... there is always a catch. One way or the other... they swallow your $$$$

I still like the Corvette... one day... I want one.

My neighbor restored a 65 Corvette... looks awesome... I can hear him coming home from 2 blocks away.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Another gimmick from one of the "big 2 plus Chrysler". I guess it's easy to experiment when gambling with someone else's money (OURS!). Funny thing is I would only need about 3 days, not 60, to realize that the Silverado is inferior to the Tundra.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts