251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here is my truck before the leval kit goes on,,,,

New Ta's 285/65/18,,,

And tint

·
Registered
118 Posts
looks great. :tu: i really like that reg. cab with out the chrome bumper. imo it looks alot better. nice color choice too. keep up the good work and thanks for the pics.

·
Registered
55 Posts
looks real good, how close are your tires to the upper control arm? think anything bigger can fit? i have 18's also and really want something different than my stock bfgs from the trd package. also really liking the black bumpers, tempted to ditch the chrome on my silver double cab, i HATE chrome

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Suprising how good the basic trucks look, well they have always looked good to me even the old series reg cab Tundra's ooked good with a set of factory takeoffs, a size bigger tire, and a set of V8 A/cab front springs to level it.

Still need to see a pic of the basic non SR5 seat material if you get a chance. looked at a non SR5 and liked the interior better, except the deletion of the small overhead console. If I had a SR5 with bench I would be willing to tradeseats with a base model, as it has the same features, just the non fuzzy velour like seat cloth.

Tell us more about the grille, did Toyota decide to not offer that color with the sport pkg after making a batch? I like the black grille, but the color macthed looks good in the darker colors.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Suprising how good the basic trucks look, well they have always looked good to me even the old series reg cab Tundra's ooked good with a set of factory takeoffs, a size bigger tire, and a set of V8 A/cab front springs to level it.

Still need to see a pic of the basic non SR5 seat material if you get a chance. looked at a non SR5 and liked the interior better, except the deletion of the small overhead console. If I had a SR5 with bench I would be willing to tradeseats with a base model, as it has the same features, just the non fuzzy velour like seat cloth.

Tell us more about the grille, did Toyota decide to not offer that color with the sport pkg after making a batch? I like the black grille, but the color macthed looks good in the darker colors.
I will try to get a pic of the interior tomorrow....And I have no idea why Toyota decided to not do the nauticle blue as a sport pack color,,,but i like the color match grille and the black bumpers are growing on me,,,

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
looks real good, how close are your tires to the upper control arm? think anything bigger can fit? i have 18's also and really want something different than my stock bfgs from the trd package. also really liking the black bumpers, tempted to ditch the chrome on my silver double cab, i HATE chrome
I can slip my hand between the tire and control arm..I was going to go with a 305,,but i think that will be way to close with stock wheels,,,,

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Do they rub at all?

If not, i'm going to be mad i didn't go with them tires.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do they rub at all?

If not, i'm going to be mad i didn't go with them tires.
Nope no rub....these are a 10 ply tire and as such i have them at 50 frt 40 rr
and will run the rear higher pressure when i tow the trailer
{8000lbs toyhauler}

they are a bit more harsh ride but this is a truck

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I will try to get a pic of the interior tomorrow....And I have no idea why Toyota decided to not do the nauticle blue as a sport pack color,,,but i like the color match grille and the black bumpers are growing on me,,,
Did your dealer already have a nautical blue grille in stock on an early parts order or something? Did Toyota recall and obsolete these parts and you snagged one? Toyota really has no use for these grilles as replacement parts now that that color is not offered as a sport pkg, prob crushed all the rest of the units in stock

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did your dealer already have a nautical blue grille in stock on an early parts order or something? Did Toyota recall and obsolete these parts and you snagged one? Toyota really has no use for these grilles as replacement parts now that that color is not offered as a sport pkg, prob crushed all the rest of the units in stock
Well.....I work @ a dealer in parts and I know a guy at Toyota that helped me get this as a test part,,,we may offer these as a package on the truck as a dealer "added option"

And yes they made 15 I got 1 and 14 hit the trash bin............

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Yea, I figured they hit the trash bin, I have worked in parts for years, and sometimes the defects and obsoletes are just credited and the dealer can dispose of low value items after the rep "eyeballs" them. Except Bosch, years ago in OEM markets they were very arrogant and stated "we do not produce defective parts", they would send a prepaid box for a $5.00 relay and send it to be disected.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Man!! That trucks looks good. A lot of people think
their ugly but I don't think so. I think that honor goes
to the Titan. Which I also like. The tail light covers
are about the only thing I don't care for. The front
end reminds me of a hybrid cross between a Gen III
Dodge Ram and a newer 3/4 ton Ford. A billet grill
would look good. In your case maybe you could remove
the Toyota emblem on the grill. I think it would look
better. All in all....nice truck!

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Looks awesome! I think some black hd bumpers would look killer on that, like the Fab Four bumper looking ones. Get one in front w/ a built in winch and some fog lights, thatd be the toughest looking truck around. :cool:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Ah-HA! An INSIDE job!

:tu:

Your truck looks great and I'm sure you'll be doing more. Keep us posted!

Well.....I work @ a dealer in parts and I know a guy at Toyota that helped me get this as a test part,,,we may offer these as a package on the truck as a dealer "added option"

And yes they made 15 I got 1 and 14 hit the trash bin............

1 - 16 of 16 Posts