Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just went from a leveling kit and an aal to a 5 inch Tuff Country lift in my 05 and it looks great except Im running 285 KM2's which looked good before but are a little small now so I'm going to run them out which isnt the far from now and probably go to somewhere around a 35ish and didn't know about regearing. I think Im going to go to 4.88 which isn't that expense for me to do but I figure while Im at it I should swap of my lsd for something new seeing the trucks at 90k and the lsd clutch is probabaly worn out and not to mention not that great to begin with either. Ive been looking into the detriot truetrac because everyone has said good things and its in my price range but if I had money I'd get some sort of e locker I think. So what Im basicly asking is am I on track with getting the 4.88 with 35's and any suggestions for a bettter LSD or locker all within reasonable price. I use my truck as a daily work truck and for the weekend off roader so it has to all be within reason but still not be stuck on something stupid out at the pits that some ******** ford can get through. Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,857 Posts
4.88's with 35's will be perfect. Other than the true tray, there's the Detroit locker. The only selectable locker is the ARB air locker for the rear 8.4 differential.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts