Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. Been lurking for the last month or so as I consider a pickup purchase. Despite Toyota's recent issues and the pedal affecting Tundras, I am giving it some serious thought. And my first thought is to buy one made after February to ensure I get the updated pedal and not just the shim.

On to my question. I've decided a regular cab 4.6L SR5 will completely meet my needs and find it the most attractive of the various cabs. But visiting my dealer this week, I was surprised to find there is not a single one in the entire southeast region. However, I've seen several of them around town in the past year so I know the exist.

Is this particular model scarce in general? Or is it more of a product of Toyota halting production in San Antonio to prepare for the Tacoma causing inventories to dwindle?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Gary

·
Premium Member
2,395 Posts
Reg cab SR5 Tundras are not very common up here, especially in 4x2. It took me a few weeks to find one and it had to be transferred from another dealer. I believe the production ratio is around 1 to 35 when compared to all the other cab configurations.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I went to 3 dealerships to find my RCSB sport package and 2 of those dealerships didn't even know they existed. Finally went to Longo and they had 3 of them in stock as well as SR5 RCSB and some 4.7 RCSB. Huge inventory. Anyways, i know this doesn't help you since you're no wear near Los Angeles, but they are out there.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
yeah....1 in 35 truck owners still wants a reg cab 2 seater truck. the rest of us have friends and family. :) hahahaha

·
Registered
797 Posts
yeah....1 in 35 truck owners still wants a reg cab 2 seater truck. the rest of us have friends and family. :) hahahaha
lol
Just for me and my girlfriend:afro:

unless they wanna ride bish in the middle (bench seat):D

Anyways, they do exist, although rare, I've only seen about 2 RCSB around me

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all. Guess I'll have to keep monitoring the southeast inventory. Maybe when production resumes....Wa back, a dealer could actually order a vehicle to your liking directly from the factory. Does this process still exist or do I have to wait until one shows up on the radar?

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Swope toyota has a rc trd 5.7 4x2. I am not sure, it may have sr5 also, it's black with the 20" rims. I been eyeballing it. They have had it for awhile. No tow package and it has the seat like my sr5, non bench. I know it's not exactly what you mentioned, but it looks like a sweet ride to me. Thought about trading in on it. They have had it for a few months now so i am sure they want to get rid of it.

swope toyota elizabethtown ky. Ask for Homer, he's a good man. If you call.

chucky

·
Registered
97 Posts
You know.. Now that you mention it. I have NEVER seen a RC. I live in South Florida.

·
Registered
32,593 Posts
I drive regular cabs because I want a truck, not a bus. The most exotic diamonds are always rare. :heh:

·
Registered
754 Posts
the PM I sent you that guy can order any truck you want in any configuration...I believe he has two trucks on his lot that are your spec. give him an email....:tu:
Thanks all. Guess I'll have to keep monitoring the southeast inventory. Maybe when production resumes....Wa back, a dealer could actually order a vehicle to your liking directly from the factory. Does this process still exist or do I have to wait until one shows up on the radar?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts