Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any other regular cab guys out there? I thought we could compare notes on hard to find items such as camper shells and what-have-you.:cool:

·
Registered
42 Posts
I understand where you are coming from. I have been trying to get a bedliner for a month now. I have heard you have to watch out for toppers. A lot of them say they are for the Tundra and they are really a T-100 cross over. The only one I can find so far is an A.R.E. that they tell me is made for it. I guess the T-100 works but just doesnt match up to the rear window very well. If I am going to drop $1500 on it it better fit right! By the way I am supposed to be getting a liner from Pendaliner. They said they just started making them and should have it in a couple weeks.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Right on, its the way truck should be. Plus I can sleep on the bench seat if need be. I've always wished they made it in a short bed though. Don't they make new style in short bed single cab?

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have a 2006 regular cab (long box- 8 foot bed)...base interior..lemme see if I can post a few pics. I bought a Leer KNIGHT cap...it was sold for the T100...the fit isnt too bad.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Try this link for pics of my 06 Reg Cab with Leer cap. This cap was made for the T-100. Its called the Leer "KNIGHT". I have since added a Yakima rack to the cap (since it came with the gutter mount clips already installed on the cap....but no rack). Paid $400 for the cap...and it was already color-matched to my truck.

Hopefully this link will work!

crogers958 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have a 2006 regular cab (long box- 8 foot bed)...base interior..lemme see if I can post a few pics. I bought a Leer KNIGHT cap...it was sold for the T100...the fit isnt too bad.
I know this is an old thread...just felt that the five of us that actually HAVE reg. cabs should keep it going! LOL. I love that 8 ft. bed, not just a tray on the back and I don't WANT the whole family in my truck!

CRogers: did you remove your body side moldings in a debadging, or was it stock that way? I like the smooth look!

·
Driver of 2 Tundra trucks
6,184 Posts
I'm driving a 2002 REGULAR CAB, LONG BED, 4WD, V8, SR5

This is what it looked like the day I drove it home.

Click the picture in my signature to see what it looks like today.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Did it come new w/ those wheels? Or, you buy it used? I got crappy stock gray-painted, steel wheels...

·
Driver of 2 Tundra trucks
6,184 Posts
Did it come new w/ those wheels?
Or, you buy it used? I got crappy stock gray-painted, steel wheels...
The SR5 came with Enkei wheels and I replaced them with factory steel wheels for increased durability and a more low profile appearance.

The original Enkei wheels are bagged and boxed for future use :)

·
Registered
123 Posts
I guess they got cheap as time went on. In '04 I was lucky to get what I got and the wheels want to rust. I keep after them but it's a losing battle. I'd like to find a set of the stock Toyota alloys from the '05-'06 era. But the one's I've seen as dealer NOS they want too much money for... I'd go aftermarket and pay less before that!

Looks good, Thanks! Wonder if there's any other reg cab owners out there?

·
Registered
66 Posts
View my 3 years ago photo album. That how she looked in Feb 06. There are six reg cabs Tundra in my area all of them are 2wd except mine one green SR5 that looks close to mine. Guess having a Toyota Plant in your town encourages sales. I have seen Toppers on a older gentleman's truck but most of the trucks have soft tonneau covers.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts